Another Moontower thread

At first I didn't get what it was all about, why people loved it so much.
I have to admit I still don't think it's AS worthy of all the praise. No more than some of Dan's other work, but it seems to be elevated for some reason.
I know Dan was going through tough times back then, and it came out great. I especially love Sun of the Night, Uncreation, Add Reality and Creating Illusions.

Yeah, I find it simply great, it's a very well done progressive death metal album, and I always pop it in to get some more every once in a while.

After Star One, hearing Uncreation was the first song Swanö-related. That was a while ago, and I'm still blown away by Moontower. It's around #3 on my favorite album list. Especially 'The Big Sleep', for the lyrics alone.

Mr. Niel said:
I really didn't like it at first...but I'm listening to it now and realizing that it is pretty badass.

I'm starting to turn into a Dan kissass.:loco:
I absolutely HATED it on the first listen. I was like "ok.. what the hell is with the keyboards and why is he growling if this is prog???" I listened to it for maybe five minutes and put Crimson back in... then a year or so later I totally fell in love with it. For no real reason other than narrowminded stupidity did I miss listening to this album for a whole year!!!

mattcira said:
I absolutely HATED it on the first listen. I was like "ok.. what the hell is with the keyboards and why is he growling if this is prog???" I listened to it for maybe five minutes and put Crimson back in... then a year or so later I totally fell in love with it. For no real reason other than narrowminded stupidity did I miss listening to this album for a whole year!!!

Same here :oops:
I like it a lot now though, but Crimson is better.

I guess it's a thing about great albums that makes them harder to get into :)

It was the same way with Crimson for me.. now it's my absolute favourite album..

Yeah albums that are harder to get into lasts much longer than easy accessible(sp?) albums. My first dan experience was closing chronicles and I though it was ok after a first listen but then I didn't pick it up until about 4 months later and then I really found the thing about dan's music.