Another noob question

rainmaker_2413

Shadow I am
Sep 23, 2006
Being new to PP this year, I was wondering if some of you could help me out here. When the bands do signing sessions, is there anyway that you can have a picture made with members of the band or are all cameras banned from the venue? I would really like a picture with some of the members of After Forever, Sonata, Pagans Mind, and Vanden Plas. I was almost able to make PP last year and remember seeing some info on cameras but don't recall exactly what it was. If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Patience, patience... That will all be addressed. Glenn has banned all digital camera's that take video over 30 seconds, that a for sure. All the bands(well most, should) will have signing sessions and more than likley will be hanging out around the lobby area during the shows and I am sure more than a few of them will be at the pre party( hey I can call it a pre party now that we have the show case!!!). We have 10 months, anything you can think of will be talked about.

Bear

Patience, patience... That will all be addressed. Glenn has banned all digital camera's that take video over 30 seconds, that a for sure. All the bands(well most, should) will have signing sessions and more than likley will be hanging out around the lobby area during the shows and I am sure more than a few of them will be at the pre party( hey I can call it a pre party now that we have the show case!!!). We have 10 months, anything you can think of will be talked about.

Bear

Thanks, I appreciate the reply.

Cameras that use film, like disposables, are allowed inside and can take quite decent 'you + the band' pics. Those sort of pics are a good reason to bring one of 'em.

Generally, photos are allowed at autographing sessions, but some bands -- wisely, IMHO -- have elected to have all the picture-taking occur after the signing has taken place, which reallly speeds up the line. It also allows fans to get their pic taken with the entire band, instead of whoever was sitting in the last three chairs, etc. :D

I wouldn't worry about getting your picture taken with the bands at the signing session itself as about 90%-99.9999% of the bands hang out in the crowd and watch the show. A good majority of them are found at after parties as well. So you can always get a shot with them a little later.

Also, I think there is a limit of 3 things to be signed for each artist per session. I.e. Don't bring everything you own from one band to have them sign at one session because the guy behind you with one cover won't have a chance to have his signed. Although, most bands love their fans they tend to get annoyed with the fans who bring their entire collection spanning 20 years to have signed in 30 minutes.

I think this rule is still in effect, if not, please let me know if it's less this year.

-MetalRose

You should have abosultely zero trouble getting VandenPlas.. Last time they played at PP . Everywhere I went I managed to run into one those guys.. Excellent bunch those guys.. as are just about all the rest of the bands. : )

I wouldn't worry about getting your picture taken with the bands at the signing session itself as about 90%-99.9999% of the bands hang out in the crowd and watch the show. A good majority of them are found at after parties as well. So you can always get a shot with them a little later.

Also, I think there is a limit of 3 things to be signed for each artist per session. I.e. Don't bring everything you own from one band to have them sign at one session because the guy behind you with one cover won't have a chance to have his signed. Although, most bands love their fans they tend to get annoyed with the fans who bring their entire collection spanning 20 years to have signed in 30 minutes.

I think this rule is still in effect, if not, please let me know if it's less this year.

-MetalRose

Wow, thanks for that. I think the 3 item thing is a great idea. I'll never forget way back when I saw Dragonforce, I was in line to get Herman's autograph..I had only my Sonic Firestorm album cover...there was a guy in front of me getting practically every single Dragonforce item he owned signed...after he got all his shit signed, Herman left and went to the bus. Personally, I care more for a picture than I do autographs, I am only planning on bringing one item for each band to sign that I meet.

You should have abosultely zero trouble getting VandenPlas.. Last time they played at PP . Everywhere I went I managed to run into one those guys.. Excellent bunch those guys.. as are just about all the rest of the bands. : )

That is great to hear as well. As I have already stated in other posts...while I love ALOT of the bands this year, Vanden Plas is the main reason why I'll be making the trip. Really lookin forward to seeing them play, been a fan for a long time and this will be my first time seeing them live.

I was a newbie last year and you will have no trouble getting pictures or autographs. The bands have signing tables in the Lobby near the restrooms and like last years group I am sure this year's groups will be hanging around throughout and at parties so don't worry. As as what cameras to bring, Glenn will post all that stuff soon but a disposable is a for sure. This is one thing that is very cool about PP because you can drink and talk to the bands with no problem.

Don't forget to check out your program book when you get to PP, too. The autographing schedules for all the bands should be there. :kickass:

Thank you. I know it's probably a little too early for me to be asking questions like this but I'm already too excited. This will most definantly make a great first PP for myself.

Also, I just remembered, there is an area where you buy cd's and dvd's that helped me last year with Evergrey. I bought a few cds and got a poster and they signed it all. That was a good part of PP too because after seeing the bands you can buy past music right on site plus whatever else you are missing in your collection.

Also, I just remembered, there is an area where you buy cd's and dvd's that helped me last year with Evergrey. I bought a few cds and got a poster and they signed it all. That was a good part of PP too because after seeing the bands you can buy past music right on site plus whatever else you are missing in your collection.

Ooooh yessss, the vender area! For the financially challenged, this is a dangerous area to enter. If you are usually stuck looking for music online since there are no good music stores in your area, to see the vender tables filled with actual CDs of bands you love (or have never heard of but have really cool covers) it feels like a bit of nirvana. And the prices are usually really good as well, not like going to other concerts where the CD prices are sometimes higher than in the store because they have you "trapped" and in the mood to buy. Plus, no shipping charges! :)