Best ProgpowerUSA performance of all time

Been to 3-8:

1 WMD
2 After Forever (Floor has too much talent for one person)

Those are my two all time favorites. Others have been,

Redemption viii
therion vi
angra & edguy iii
evergrey vii
freak kitchen viii
kamelot

Kamelot at PP #2, and Conception probably top my list, but others I thought were quite excellent were .... Edguy (PP3), Tad Morose & Brainstorm from (PP5), Angel Dust (PP2), and Pagan's Mind (PP8). There's a few others that could probably fit in there, but I'll stop right there for now.

Britt

Fixed. :lol:

For me...

PoS at PPUSA 1 (also at PP Europe 1, but PPUSA was truly special)
Superior at II
Devin Townsend Band and Angra at III
Nightwish at IV (also Mercenary)
Adagio and Dreamscape at V (PoS were good, but not as good as PP 1)
Therion and Orphaned Land at VI (I'm only omitting Conception because I wasn't familiar with every song they played)
Mercenary and Epica at VII (sadly, I missed part of FK's set)
Freak Kitchen and S.A. at VIII

Sonata ARctica @ 8?

Since ive only been to 8, i'd say that Freak Kitchen was the best band. Maybe After Forever/Pagan's Mind/Raintime for 2nd, I think.

Pain of Salvation I

EVERYTHING else pales in comparison, (BEHAVE Zod)
:worship:

Ark II
(I missed 3 & 4) :(
Edguy V
Pain of Salvation V
Conception VI
Angra VI
Freak Kitchcen VII
Freak Kitchen & Pagan's Mind VIII

Sonata ARctica @ 8?

Since ive only been to 8, i'd say that Freak Kitchen was the best band.

Well hey presto, isn't that funny. I listed them, too.

I liked S.A.'s set. Yes, of course I'm biased because I was a sponsor, but they were the band I was most familiar with (FK and Communic close seconds, there), and while I'd have loved to see them pull out some kewl stuff for us, it was still a good show.

Nothing to top my PPUSA top 5, which would be:

Pain of Salvation at I (one of my Top 5 shows anywhere, ever)
Therion
Orphaned Land (combining both amazing sets)
Nightwish
(tie) Mercenary (at VII) or FK at VIII

If I could only choose a single band from each edition:

I- Pain of Salvation
II- Angel Dust
III- Edguy
IV- Evergrey
V- Brainstorm
VI- Orphaned Land
VII- Freak Kitchen
VIII- Pagan's Mind

Pretty good list there.

mine-

I- Pain of Salvation:worship:
II- Angel Dust/Ark I just can't decide. I wasn't an Angel Dust fan until that show.
III-Zero Hour - Erik Ruled!
IV- Evergrey
V-WoMD
VI- Orphaned Land:headbang:
VII-Evergrey/ Zero Hour
VIII- Pagan's Mind. They owned. Also loved Redemption and After Forever!

You're doing alright for a UT fan!

Harvestor,

How cannot WMD make your list? I know you, as well as I, perceive Jon O. to be a legend, and that we got to see all those classics live because Zack was not available, to me was and is a once in a lifetime occurence.

Ok, thats all I have to say for now. So MANY great performances its truly hard to pick. This is an awesome event that I hope continues for endess years.

Pain of Salvation ruled both times I saw them, they are the best band I have ever seen live(I am angry I missed PP I). The other 4 go to Ark, Freak Kitchen, Circus Maximus, and of course Nightingale(the almighty Dan Swano, I am just pissed that at the time I had no idea who he was and now i have come to love everything he has done and regret not trying to hang with him(since I had no idea who he was and I would have enjoyed him even more had I known any of his music, so that is what makes him number 5)). Tied in 5th place with Nightingale is Brainstorm/Symphorce(Andy just knows how to make the crowd nuts and they are so energetic), Pagan's Mind, Orphaned Land, and then Gamma Ray(because back then was when i was way into the power metal while now the power stuff kind of annoys because so much of it sounds the same it gets so damned irritating). Of course the highlight for me out of all progpowers was getting to play percussion with D.C. Cooper during his acoustic set(all I got to do was play bongos and tambourine even though i so wanted to jump behing the kit, but it was an honor getting to be on stage with him, plus the free beer was nice, hehe).

CONCEPTION

Not only were they amazing, but it was a show I never EVER thought I would have the pleasure of seeing in person in my lifetime.

:worship:notworthy:worship:notworthy:worship:

1.Nightwish
2.Primal Fear
3.Pagan's Mind '07
4.Therion
5.After Forever
6.Sonata Arctica
7.WMD
8.Symphony X
9.Symphorce
10.PC69

I've been tp all the PPUSA's since IV.

I have been to 5,6,7,8
1.Primal Fear VIII One of my favorites I never thought I'd get to see live.Thank you Glenn
2. Edguy V
3. Stratovarious VI
4. Circle 2 Circle Preparty VII
5. Pagan's Mind VIII
Bands that kicked my ass and was'nt expecting it Brainstorm & Tad Morose V
Biggest disapoinment is Angra VI and Evergrey VII although I did enjoy both these performances I felt it was too loud to here the vocals clearly.