Off-topic - ProgpowerUSA X ......

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
While I don't post here all that often, I post enough not to feel to bad about pimping a show that needs help. ProgpowerUSA is celebrating it's tenth year anniversary this year and is featuring great bands like Fates warning, Vanden Plas and Andre Matos, as well as Pagan's Mind, Sabaton, Brainstorm and others. PPUSA has been held in Atlanta since PPUSA II and has been selling out within a month or so over the last several years until this year. I think the economic strain has affected this show because the line-up is stellar and in fact, may be the best to date.
Anyway, I just wanted to make those here that aren't aware of the show, that it does exist. You can find out more information about it at www.progpowerusa.com I would like to see all of you there. I will certainly be watching Mr. Jorn Viggo Lofstad as he plays guitar for Pagan's Mind. He is a monster player.

Thanks for your trouble,

Bryant

I haven't been able to go since then, but I went for the first time in 2007, and it was probably the greatest Metal experience of my life. Anyone who's into this type of music should definitely check it out.

I haven't been able to go since then, but I went for the first time in 2007, and it was probably the greatest Metal experience of my life. Anyone who's into this type of music should definitely check it out.

You went to a good one. Jorn Viggo (Pagan's Mind) really put on a guitar clinic. I would love to see you at PPX if you could make it. I was fortunate enough to attend PP II, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and have tix for X.
I want people who haven't heard of this festival to be aware of it, because if it is not sold out, the quality of the bands will diminish, as the revenue will diminish for the promoter.

Bryant

I wish I could afford it, but that year, everything worked out in my favor. This year, I can't afford it, I don't have anywhere to stay, and none of this year's bands are enough to motivate me to make that all happen.

Seeing Fates and Circus Maximus would be worth the price of the ticket for me, but alas its in Atlanta and Im in NY and the oil companies have sucked most peoples expendable income.

It is certainly understandable that ya'll can't make it due to monetary issues. Unfortunately, the widespread crunch is affecting so many people. Spread the word though. I would hate for such a great event to be forced to fold up much like so many of the other business icons that have during this financial crisis.
This year's lineup is the strongest to date. I hope it will be a sell-out.

Bryant

Seeing Fates and Circus Maximus would be worth the price of the ticket for me, but alas its in Atlanta and Im in NY and the oil companies have sucked most peoples expendable income.

You forgot to mention the mighty Vanden Plas. I realize they aren't a household name, but what a monster of a band.... and maybe one of the best live prog-metal bands there is.
I simply hope everyone here will get this thread and can come to this event. As I said earlier in this post...... I am only doing this to keep this event alive and well. I make no money from ticket sales or anything else.

Bryant

I have attended VIII and IX and I must say that its an experience well worth the money.

I live in IA and flew down both times. At those times my plane tix were under $300. When I made plans to go this year the fares were well over $500 so I passed.

My budget for such a trip is about $700, Well worth it for the amount of great music.