Another Otyg question

Mantis

Naturmistikk & Folktale
Jul 18, 2003
Eburum
Visit site
Can Mr. V or who knows what talk about the songs "Vilievandrig" and "Mossfrun Kolnar" and what are the meaning of the title?
Thanx

Mantis

TB666 said:
See Mr.V.
This is what happens when you sing and write in old swedish.
Vilie= is n old swedish collection word for the creatures in scandinavian folklore

Mossfrun Kölnar= Is about a female creature called Mossfrun( Moss Lady) that have started a fire, and it smoke is spreading over the landscapes, and when it's foggy outside, people said in old time that, it must be the moss lady that has start a fire.

mr V

well i have another "Otyg" Question:) and i do not want to make another topic, so i will write here instead.

i have found out somwhere that there are four demos of otyg: Djävulen, Bergtagen, I Trollskogens Drömmande Mörker and Galdersaang Till Bergfadern... I wanted to check out whether they were worth buying somehow (if it is possible, heh, it is of course via resale:)). There is no problem i think with finding Bergtagen and I Trollsokogens... but the first (it has only to tracks, and i have even the lyrics, though never heard the tracks) and the last (which is weard because, some tracks - always the same - are easy to find, but other), i simply cannot find them. So, is it possible to get it somewhere? I have both Sagovindars Boning and Aelvefaerd and i want more!!! :)

lord_storm said:
well i have another "Otyg" Question:) and i do not want to make another topic, so i will write here instead.

i have found out somwhere that there are four demos of otyg: Djävulen, Bergtagen, I Trollskogens Drömmande Mörker and Galdersaang Till Bergfadern... I wanted to check out whether they were worth buying somehow (if it is possible, heh, it is of course via resale:)). There is no problem i think with finding Bergtagen and I Trollsokogens... but the first (it has only to tracks, and i have even the lyrics, though never heard the tracks) and the last (which is weard because, some tracks - always the same - are easy to find, but other), i simply cannot find them. So, is it possible to get it somewhere? I have both Sagovindars Boning and Aelvefaerd and i want more!!! :)
We did only 3 demos with Otyg. We "released" the two first, but kept the third one to ourselves :p. Djävulen was supposed to be the name of our third and final album, which we never recorded.

Reactions: Sigma
Marklund said:
We did only 3 demos with Otyg. We "released" the two first, but kept the third one to ourselves :p. Djävulen was supposed to be the name of our third and final album, which we never recorded.
Well, that is weard anyway, here is the list of Galdersang Till Bergsfadern:
*1. Galdersang Till Bergsfadern
*2. Fimbulfolket
3. Trollpiskat Ödemarksblod
4. Ulvskrede
5. Älvadimmans Omdaning
6. Fjällstorm
7. Myrdingar - Martyrium
8. Allfader Vise
*9. Härdnadstag
*10. Blakullafärden
*11. Nordbloss Och Gasteld

those with * can be downloaded via any p2p client. those without cannot. but look, tracks 3-8 were then re-recorded (i suppose) and released on Aelvefaerd. So were they actually re-recorded? and if yes, then why tracks 1,2, 9, 10 and 11 were released somehow, and the rest not?

lord_storm said:
Well, that is weard anyway, here is the list of Galdersang Till Bergsfadern:
*1. Galdersang Till Bergsfadern
*2. Fimbulfolket
3. Trollpiskat Ödemarksblod
4. Ulvskrede
5. Älvadimmans Omdaning
6. Fjällstorm
7. Myrdingar - Martyrium
8. Allfader Vise
*9. Härdnadstag
*10. Blakullafärden
*11. Nordbloss Och Gasteld

those with * can be downloaded via any p2p client.

hm... really? what program are you using/refering to?

soulseek. i think everyone knows that it is possible to download everything from the web. it's just, that you won't have all those cool cd covers (I just love Odemarkens Son), that is one of the reasons to buy the originals (another one is supporting mr V for example, i admire his work...). but concerning the unofficial releases(or demos, which are extremly hard to get) i see nothing wrong in downloading them (unless of course, there is a possibility of buying the cd in some store...).

oh, another thing, I forgot to ask in previous post: So Djavulen was supposed to be 3rd Otyg album... Vintersorg wrote some lyrics, even. And what about the music, did you write some, or it was just the lyrics (Kontraktet and Dans på Blåkulla)? Have you recorded any demo-tapes, for the record company?

lord_storm said:
soulseek.

cool thanks, i'll see if i can find anything.

oh, and there is one song from the djävulen-album "out", a live recording of a song called "gastkramad", try searching for it, if you can't find it i guess i could help you

spaffe said:
oh, and there is one song from the djävulen-album "out", a live recording of a song called "gastkramad", try searching for it, if you can't find it i guess i could help you
i've found it! thanks. It is nice though it is not the best...

As far as i remember Otyg was supposed to release all of the demos (so said Vintersorg in some interview in 2002), because of the contract with the record company. Also Vintersorg says in this interview, that the pre-production for Djävulen is done, so that if they change their minds, and reactivate otyg, then the songs can be recorded. I just wonder, is pre-production actually an pre-recording, some "inner demos"?
Another thing mentioned in the interview is the reason of disbanding Otyg: Djävulen would be doing step back (so says mr V). Well i personally think, that when you create folk music, you MUST take a BIG step back... I Just hope that progression won't kill folk-spirit in Mr Vintersorg...

Right...now, if I understood this correctly...is there anywhere you can actualy BUY these demos, or would you have to download them...because there are few CDs I've actualy bought in my life...but the 5 Vintersorg CDs and the 2 Otyg CDs were 7 of them :p, music that is THAT good is worth buying and supporting...and so are the demos they made...but I cant find them! I aswell have searched everywhere for them...but I just cannot find them!

Mr.V, do you know if they are still sold?

Also...anyone wanna sell any :)?

Nordabrand

Nordabrand said:
is there anywhere you can actualy BUY these demos, or would you have to download them...
I checked most of the net-auctions (such as eBay) and could not find it. So i guess (unless someone finds out how to buy one) we are all doomed to downloading the demos... Still do not know whether the 3rd demo was actually released or not (then it was stolen? and if yes, then why only some tracks? :))...

But some people seem to own them...how the he** did they get a hold of them???

Oh and can anyone give me the lists of the other 2 demos as well? "bergtagent" and "I trollskogens drömmande morker", thanks! I already have the "Galdersång till Bergsfadern" from previous posts :).

Nordabrand

lord_storm said:
Heh, actually i have Galdersaang now as well, I have downloaded it from the net, including the artwork. So I ask, Mr V, was "Galdersaang" released or not? If not, then how it is possible to download it :) ?

PS. Nice cover... :)
PS2. Covers:

http://www.isbandia.mt.setia.pl/__TEMP/00-otyg-galdersang_till_bergfadern-demo_tape-se-1997-back-fff.jpg

http://www.isbandia.mt.setia.pl/__TEMP/00-otyg-galdersang_till_bergfadern-demo_tape-se-1997-front-fff.jpg
It was never released as a demo, it was a promo which we sent to several companies....so some of the holders of the promo must have put it out on the internet

Vintersorg said:
It was never released as a demo, it was a promo which we sent to several companies....so some of the holders of the promo must have put it out on the internet
Oh, I see. So it is kind-of illegal? Still it is a very nice demo i think. And almost impossible to download. Is it going to be released some day?

Twilightheart said:
Oooohh... what a beautiful front-cover!! ...and "handmade" so said ... :eek:
Speaking about the front-cover, don´t we all recognize it??? Yep, it's the same as on "Ödmarkens Son". A painting by some German artist if I remember correctly. Cool of Mr. V to use the same cover 2 years later.
I guess he hoped that no one would notice... :D

Draugen said:
Speaking about the front-cover, don´t we all recognize it??? Yep, it's the same as on "Ödmarkens Son". A painting by some German artist if I remember correctly. Cool of Mr. V to use the same cover 2 years later.
I guess he hoped that no one would notice... :D
well, it is similar, yes. But there are some differences, especially in colours. is it the same painting Mr. V? I think not, just very similar.