Another Swanö hosted show on WBWC!

you mean he said igen igen:D
Actually, he did say "Again! Again!". His mom is from the US, so we speak both English and Swedish at home. For some reason, he seems to think English is easier in most cases, so that's the language he uses about 75% of the time.
that's great...this also means there should be baby swanö music like there's baby mozart...

it could sell well in baby stores as "Näktergalens Vaggsånger"
Hehe. The Baby Swanö thing is a really good idea.

Actually, he did say "Again! Again!". His mom is from the US, so we speak both English and Swedish at home. For some reason, he seems to think English is easier in most cases, so that's the language he uses about 75% of the time.

Hehe. The Baby Swanö thing is a really good idea.

well english is easier...a lot less abstract
but at his age imagine it could be because he either spends/spent more time with his mother...also could be that he watches some tv shows in english that are subtitled and not dubbed to swedish

in any case i saw a few weeks ago an article about a study made by some university that kids that grow up bilingual or multilingual...if the parents move around a lot or if the parents speak different languages have a high chance of developing dislexia because of the different structure of languages so the child's mind "gets programmed" confused...let's hope they're wrong

and thanks

oh and i was wondering a long time about your avatar...you mentioned a long time ago that it's your son there but i thought it was you holding your son in the photo and by chance you have a striking resemblence to our dear Mr Swanö(because all swedish people look the same:loco: )...i also thought your son didn't look like you because he would probably take the physical appearence from his mom...now that i know that it's indeed Dan, I feel like such a fool:erk:

well english is easier...a lot less abstract
but at his age imagine it could be because he either spends/spent more time with his mother...also could be that he watches some tv shows in english that are subtitled and not dubbed to swedish
Yes, I believe it's because he spends more time with his mom. And it's true that there's a lot of english on tv over here.

in any case i saw a few weeks ago an article about a study made by some university that kids that grow up bilingual or multilingual...if the parents move around a lot or if the parents speak different languages have a high chance of developing dislexia because of the different structure of languages so the child's mind "gets programmed" confused...let's hope they're wrong
I grew up learning two languages (swedish and finnish) and I don't believe that I have any bigger problems with dixles... dsilex... whatever!

and thanks

oh and i was wondering a long time about your avatar...you mentioned a long time ago that it's your son there but i thought it was you holding your son in the photo and by chance you have a striking resemblence to our dear Mr Swanö(because all swedish people look the same:loco: )...i also thought your son didn't look like you because he would probably take the physical appearence from his mom...now that i know that it's indeed Dan, I feel like such a fool:erk:
Hehe. Yeah. I think I've mentioned it before that it's Dan. We met him in the summer of 2005. Great guy. :)

I grew up learning two languages (swedish and finnish) and I don't believe that I have any bigger problems with dixles... dsilex... whatever!

:lol:

I don´t think either that you need to be worried about that. When children have the chance to be fluent in two languages and pick up a couple more on the way, that can only be good. Also children learn so incredibly many things while growing up, the languages are only one of them. For adults it´s an advantage doing trillion things at the same time and labelled "multitasking" :p