Another wee mixer tester

Sounds really good man, somehow almost too clean, well balanced and accurate?!?

I just woke up and haven't examined yet whether there's wax or spider eggs in my left ear,
but for some reason I can't really tell the difference between the 2 snares right now :loco:

I could imagine this mix being a hybrid of Andy's and Joey's work. Kinda too perfect for my taste, heh!

Sounds really good man, somehow almost too clean, well balanced and accurate?!?

I just woke up and haven't examined yet whether there's wax or spider eggs in my left ear,
but for some reason I can't really tell the difference between the 2 snares right now :loco:

I could imagine this mix being a hybrid of Andy's and Joey's work. Kinda too perfect for my taste, heh!

Hahaha thats cool man! Don't sweat it, theres only a minor sample tweak in the 2 clips. Nothing too major! :) Thats a verse and a pre-chorus aswell, so it will probs sound a little more....."together" with the vocals on top.

Listening the clips again, I find the snare in the second clip a tad more powerful,
therefore it fits better this kind of riffing IMO. Very interested hearing this with vox :)

A bit too much highmids in the bass, maybe around 1.5khz? Anyway, its making the guitars sound a bit narrow.

Also, I'd perhaps try a pseudo-master with that.. I love that snare but it has the potential to get completely lost when you go to master.

Sounds REALLY good though tho.

can't decided at the moment 1 sounds more natural but 2 has more punch. what did you use on this recording?

Bits and bobs for the drums, though Metal Foundry for the overheads. Dual rec/6505 + 1960DM for the guitars.

A bit too much highmids in the bass, maybe around 1.5khz? Anyway, its making the guitars sound a bit narrow.

Also, I'd perhaps try a pseudo-master with that.. I love that snare but it has the potential to get completely lost when you go to master.

Sounds REALLY good though tho.

Got some huge cuts on the bass at that area, might need to tame some more if thats happening. Ive never heard of a pseudo master? But ive tried doing a quick mastering job on a similar mix and the snare has always been retained :kickass: Thats something ive been working on recently so that dosen't happen.

Number 1

How will it sound mastered then?! Looking forward to get me a copy of your goddamn EP, brother.

Bloody good hopefully! Need to get the Finalizer linked back up since I dissconnected it when I got my new desk then all will be well :headbang: Thanks again Felix!