Anthralogy: The Best Of Anthrax (1985-1991)

J1NX

Sep 10, 2004
The info below was posted on Bladdermouth recently. If you liked such classics as "The Best of Anthrax", "Madhouse: The Very Best of Anthrax", and "Moshers: 1986-1991", then you'll LOVE "Anthralogy: The Best Of Anthrax (1985-1991)"!!

According to Metal-Rules.com, Universal Music Canada have confirmed details for the upcoming ANTHRAX CD/DVD release "Anthralogy: The Best Of Anthrax (1985-1991)".

The set will include the following track listing:

CD Disc One:

01. A.I.R.
02. Lone Justice
03. Madhouse
04. The Enemy
05. Armed and Dangerous
06. Medusa
07. Gung-Ho
08. Among the Living
09. Caught in a Mosh
10. I Am the Law
11. Efilnikufesin (N.F.L.)
12. A Skeleton in the Closet
13. Indians
14. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (BLACK SABBATH cover)
15. I'm the Man

Tracks 1-7:
Produced by Carl Canedy and ANTHRAX
Executive Producer: Jon Zazula
Engineered by Alex Perialas
Assistant Engineers: Carl Canedy and Norman Dunn
Recorded at Pyramid Sound, N.Y.
Taken from "Spreading the Disease", released October 1985

Tracks 8-13:
Produced by Eddie Kramer and ANTHRAX for Remarkable Productions
Executive Producer: Jon Zazula
Recorded at Quadradial Studios, Miami, Florida,
Mixed at Compass Point, Nassau, Bahamas
Taken from "Among the Living", released March 1987

CD Disc Two:

01. Be All, End All
02. Make Me Laugh
03. Antisocial
04. Who Cares Wins
05. Now It's Dark
06. Finale
07. Time
08. Keep It in the Family
09. In My World
10. Intro to Reality
11. Belly of the Beast
12. Got the Time (JOE JACKSON cover)
13. Discharge
14. Bring the Noise
15. Antisocial (French version)

Tracks 1-6:
Produced by ANTHRAX and Mark Dodson
Engineered by Alex Perialas
Associate Producer: Alex Perialas
Recorded at Quadradial Studios, Miami, Florida
Mixed at Electric Lady Studios, NY
Executive Producers: Jon Zazula and Marsha Zazula
Taken from "State of Euphoria", released September 1988

Tracks 7-13:
Produced by ANTHRAX and Mark Dodson
Mixed by Steve Thompson and Mike Barbiero
Recorded at A&M and Conway Studios, Hollywood, CA and Soundtrack Studios, NY
Engineered by Mark Dodson
Mixed at Electric Lady Studios, NY
Mix Engineer: Mike Barbiero
Executive Producers: Jon Zazula and Marsha Zazula
Taken from "Persistence of Time", released August 1990

"Anthrax Anthralogy: The DVD":

01. Metal Thrashing Mad (Live in Germany)
02. Madhouse
03. Indians
04. Armed And Dangerous (Live in London)
05. Among the Living (Live in London)
06. Caught in a Mosh (Live in London)
07. I Am the Law
08. I'm the Man
09. Antisocial
10. Who Cares Wins
11. Belly Of The Beast
12. Got the Time
13. In My World
14. Bring the Noise (featuring PUBLIC ENEMY)
Bonus:
15. Antisocial (Performance Version)
16. Madhouse (MTV Version)
17. I'm the Man (Live Montage)
* Band Video Commentary

No, no, Dutchy - you don't understand. You see, if you bought these CDs, you wouldn't have to go through all the hassle of making a playlist in iTunes and clicking the "burn" button. Err... assuming that you wanted a complition at all, that is. With this exact content and running order. Okay, you've convinced me ;)

Jesus H Christ. Attack of the A Sides, Greater of 2 Evils, Music of Mass Destruction, and now this? Are they trying for a record of amount of shameless milking of their fucking back catalog? This is ridiculous. I suppose old fans from the 80s who haven't listened to them since might pick it up. Ech.

Drokk said:
Jesus H Christ. Attack of the A Sides, Greater of 2 Evils, Music of Mass Destruction, and now this? Are they trying for a record of amount of shameless milking of their fucking back catalog? This is ridiculous. I suppose old fans from the 80s who haven't listened to them since might pick it up. Ech.

You forgot
Madhouse: The Very Best of
Live: The Island Years
Universal: The Masters Collection

N.F.F. summed this collection up perfectly

are these all coming out on different labels or summin?!?!!?

i'd like to think it was just music industry fuckheads milking the fans for everything, rather than the thrax, i very much doubt they even have a choice in some of them ( ie the island one)

crazy thing is they seem to copy each other for the tracks..........

these compilatoins hold no interest for nearly all of us on this board..........the remasters i'll check out

Any company who would put "Make Me Laugh" on a "Best of.." obviously haven't spoken to the band!!

Boo this shit

It's out of our hands. That release was all wrong. Someone at UME in Canada is an idiot. The real announcement with all the details is coming. For now I can tell you that these are all remastered. They sound great. We're trying to make it as cool as possible. They don't even have the title correct! There is going to be some really rare presale content from our private collections never available before as well. Please stay tuned.

It's great that this stuff is finally gonna be remastered. I hope they get around to doing the albums and not just this comp. For now this will be good though. It's hard to listen to ATL and STD, they sound so "thin".

i'm interested in the dvd since i have no belladonna era stuff to watch. but i rarely buy best of's (unless it's a band that i only like their hit songs). i'd be interested in restocking some of my anthrax cd catalog with some remastered discs though. most of my disc's are old and beat up.

MyHatred said:
You forgot
Madhouse: The Very Best of
Live: The Island Years
Universal: The Masters Collection

N.F.F. summed this collection up perfectly
I'm glad that I don't have to repeat myself every single time somebody posts the same thread :loco:

(PS - before posting a new thread, scroll down the page and see if the topic has been already posted in the past 24 hours)

:loco: :Smug:

nafnikufesin said:
I'm glad that I don't have to repeat myself every single time somebody posts the same thread :loco:

(PS - before posting a new thread, scroll down the page and see if the topic has been already posted in the past 24 hours)

:loco: :Smug:

thank you. I swear that some people are scared to use the search button but then again, in this case, they wouldn't have needed to use it.:ill: