Anthrax and Death angel tear it up in Tucson

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
First off, Death angel are the coolest guys I have met in awhile. It is good to see them back. They are writing material to hopefully put out cd next year.
They tore it up! Oh lord, Old school thrash was back in the house. They played stuff from all 3 cds. They really won over the crowd.
I think that was good as Scott watched from the sidelines as they knew that Anthrax was going to have to come out strong to equal or top that performance.
I won't give you the exact order of anthrax's set list but songs included:
contact
what doesn't die
black dahlia
got the time
antisocial
madhouse
safe home
NFL
metal thrashing mad
Indians
bring the noise
inside out
only
fueled
caught in a mosh

I am alittle tired from being smashed up front in front of scott but I think that was it.

Looking forward to tonight's gig by both bands in Tempe.

the turnout was nice. I do remember death angel playing evil priest, voracious souls, kill as one, mistress of pain, stagnant, 3rd floor, bored, at least one other song from act III but I am super tired. I will try to get it more accurate at tonight's show

tattooedsean666 said:
the turnout was nice. I do remember death angel playing evil priest, voracious souls, kill as one, mistress of pain, stagnant, 3rd floor, bored, at least one other song from act III but I am super tired. I will try to get it more accurate at tonight's show

HUGE FAN of Death Angel. I think it's awesome Anthrax would take them on for a few shows. They are soooo good live, that this is probably very risky for most bands. If I didn't have to work I'd go see them both at HOB in LA. Fortunately, I'll get to see DA at the Galaxy in Santa Ana the following night. I'd much rather see DA headline then do an opening (smaller) set, but it would be pretty cool to see Anthrax again.

Death Angel kicks ass! I would have loved for Death Angel to have played with Anthrax in Texas.

I'm tired of all these bands with cookie monster sounding vocalists. They have no talent and they all sound the same to me.

:headbang:

Oh yeah I am a big Death Angel fan !! can't wait to hear some new stuff from them !

I hope one day I will get to see Death Angel. I loved them back in the 80's. It's ashame they never did a worldwide tour. Hopefully with a new album to be released, they will consider a tour. There are lots of old schoolers who would kill to see them.

the one and only time i saw them was in montreal in 1990 with forbidden and there was a great crowd of 2000 strong...
Im pretty sure they did a north american tour and worldwide tour during act lll, so if you missed them back then and your in the east coast dont expect to see them soon.