Anthrax And Sonata Arctica Pictures Posted

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
Though far from anything that Todd has done (The Fiddler) here are my live pics from the Anthrax and Sonata Arctica shows from January at The House Of Blues Chicago. Enjoy and I would love some feedback!

http://www.metal-fan.org

Just click on the "Gallery" button

Nice pics, Sean. I was wondering how Belladonna would look after all these years . . . and the answer is, not much different!

The last time I saw 'Thrax live was in 1989 during the Headbangers Ball tour (with Helloween and Exodus).

Damn, but I'm old!

Steve in Philly

Damn, makes the stage they played last night on look like crap. I fucking hate the Pound in SF, and i'm embarassed when bands like SA come all the way from Finland to play there. I was about halfway back on the floor, and I couldn't see anyone below the chest on stage (seriously, 2.5-3' high stage, and i'm 6'3"). The sound sucked, couldn't hear backing vox for crap, small ass stage, etc. etc.... I swear if I had the means i'd open my own club here for metal and show those fags how to do it.

In light of all that though I thought it was a good show, i'd really like to see them again in a better venue though, I wish I could go to the LA shows tonight or tomorrow.

I do have one bugging problem though... people like the bassist of SA really bug me... this guy is in a band that is known worldwide, even if not hugely popular you should be able to find someone just about anywhere that is a SA fan, and he gets to do what most musicians DREAM about (touring the world, recording, etc...)... SHOW SOME FUCKING ENTHUSIASM ON STAGE. I thought he was sick or something, but based on Sean's pix, that's what he always looks like. Lamer.

^ Agreed. My friend was saying the same thing about the bassist. I've read somewhere though that he doesn't speak very good english and is shy too, but I don't think that's an excuse for having lack of energy on stage.

longshot9 said:
SHOW SOME FUCKING ENTHUSIASM ON STAGE. I thought he was sick or something, but based on Sean's pix, that's what he always looks like. Lamer.

People express enthusiasm in different ways. You'll be hard pressed to find me get all excited about anything (at least in expression), it's very very rare. Who are you to say that he wasn't extremely happy just because he didn't seem like it to you? Did you ask him? Did he say 'man playing for you guys sucks balls'?