SONATA ARCTICA - 1st TWO NORTH AMERICAN 2006 DATES ANNOUNCED!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Sonata Arctica will be embarking on a headlining North American tour January of 2006. So far two dates are confirmed and they are...

January 17, 2006 - Jaxx Nightclub in West Springfield, Virginia
January 18, 2006 - BB Kings Blues Club in New York, New York

This is pretty exciting news. They ruled when I saw them open for Overkill in April at BB Kings. According to Jaxx there will be atleast one band on tour with them.

I know who the opener will be!!
:D

Well, at least I know who got offered the opening spot. Let's wait and see when it's announced, I'm not sure if this band is confirmed or not... We shall see...

Sautherom said:
where is published that info?
because in the oficial sonata arctica´s website is not displayed.

At the websites of the official venues. Jaxx and BB Kings always seem to be the websites to break news on tours first. So far they are the only confirmed venues for Saxon in November. Also it was listed on BB Kings schedule yesterday that Stryper will be performing there in September.

Well, that's one good thing about living close to NYC.Thanks heavens for B.B. Kings even with their tiny, little stage and overblown security.

TheGraveDigger said:
At the websites of the official venues. Jaxx and BB Kings always seem to be the websites to break news on tours first. So far they are the only confirmed venues for Saxon in November. Also it was listed on BB Kings schedule yesterday that Stryper will be performing there in September.

Ok.. thanks...
Sonata cancelled 2 shows in Mexico, May the 27th in Mexico City and May the 28th in Monterrey Metal fest, because they don't want to cross the Atlantic only for two shows, But there are rumors about a Latin america tour next August... but i don't sure about it.... perhaps we have to wait until December 2005 / January 2006 or January/February 2006 for a complete Tour for USA and Latin America....

I still miss Birch Hill, though, if only because the NJ/Phila area doesn't have a definitive venue that picks up all of the metal acts like Jaxx or BB does. More of them are starting show up in Philly, but Birch Hill had *everyone* there.

Steve in Philly

LOL I remember at the Children of Bodom/Nevermore/Dimmu tour they were letting people in without tickets at L'amours, after a while that the show had started... That place was fucking packed!!! You couldnt move around... I had to leave before Dimmu came on stage...

I did see them two days before though, so it wasn't that bad....

DarkOne said:
I still miss Birch Hill, though, if only because the NJ/Phila area doesn't have a definitive venue that picks up all of the metal acts like Jaxx or BB does. More of them are starting show up in Philly, but Birch Hill had *everyone* there. Now they just gotta get better known and get all the bands to book on their eastern leg.

Steve in Philly

Hey, the Starland Ballroom is in Sayreville just down route 9 from the site of the Birch Hill. I think it is a much better set up. Better sound, better facilities and parking.

I HATE L'Amour! The over-crowding was insane. After seeing SymX there and being badly trampled a swore I would never go there again, and then Nightwish booked it the Sunday after ProgPower IV. So, we got off the plane from Atlanta and drove straight over. Nightwish was great; the club was a nightmare! (no pun intended) Thank God, they closed....again .

I'm not saying I like the Birch Hill layout, just the fact that had a lot of metal bands there. Coming from Philly, BH was 90 minutes+, so I'm not sure how much further I can drive at 1 am :)

Steve in Philly

DarkOne said:
I still miss Birch Hill, though, if only because the NJ/Phila area doesn't have a definitive venue that picks up all of the metal acts like Jaxx or BB does. More of them are starting show up in Philly, but Birch Hill had *everyone* there.

Steve in Philly

Hmm... I dunno man, the Trocadero hosts TONS of metal shows.

Jason