SONATA ARCTICA - 1st TWO NORTH AMERICAN 2006 DATES ANNOUNCED!

I went to the Birch Hill two weeks before it closed for the first time. The show was Overkill and it was NUTS! I wish Starland would book more of our type of metal. Helloween and Iced Earth are the only big power metal shows they have had.

Wow, I sure hope that's coming from the SA camp & not from the imagination of the owner of Jaxx..he has a bad rep for making up shows that never happen..

AngraRULES said:
LOL I remember at the Children of Bodom/Nevermore/Dimmu tour they were letting people in without tickets at L'amours, after a while that the show had started... That place was fucking packed!!! You couldnt move around... I had to leave before Dimmu came on stage...

I did see them two days before though, so it wasn't that bad....

DUDE that was the worst show EVER

the performances were fine but it was so f'ing overcrowded that i had to leave after dimmu played 2 songs cause it was so uncomfortable

i couldnt move
at all

Petethedrummer said:
DUDE that was the worst show EVER

the performances were fine but it was so f'ing overcrowded that i had to leave after dimmu played 2 songs cause it was so uncomfortable

i couldnt move
at all

I was at the infamous Dream Theater show at Birch Hill where it was so packed, I had to have my arms at my sides (not that I could move them anyway) just to breathe. I was about midway between the stage and the back of the floor and every so often, the crowd would suddenly heave about 5 feet in random directions...no choice but to go with the flow and hope you stayed on your feet. I'm not sure it would have been possible to fall over, but if you did, you'd stay on the floor and get trampled; no way to get back up.

I've been to a lot of really crowded shows -- Cradle of Filth here at the Masquerade comes to mind as a recent example -- but that DT show was hands-down the most dangerous concert experience I've ever had.

Dark One said:
Hmm... I dunno man, the Trocadero hosts TONS of metal shows.

Jason

And they are increasing that number, I think. I hope they continue. It's a hell of a lot easier for me to go 30 minutes into town to the Troc than it was to drive almost 2 hrs to Birch Hill!

Steve in Philly

I hope they play Atlanta, too! Maybe Glenn can book them for PPVII? Hail! I also hope the Hammerfall/Edguy tour swings through Dixie, as well.

Pellaz said:
I was at the infamous Dream Theater show at Birch Hill where it was so packed, I had to have my arms at my sides (not that I could move them anyway) just to breathe. I was about midway between the stage and the back of the floor and every so often, the crowd would suddenly heave about 5 feet in random directions...no choice but to go with the flow and hope you stayed on your feet. I'm not sure it would have been possible to fall over, but if you did, you'd stay on the floor and get trampled; no way to get back up.

I've been to a lot of really crowded shows -- Cradle of Filth here at the Masquerade comes to mind as a recent example -- but that DT show was hands-down the most dangerous concert experience I've ever had.

Wow, I am shocked that Dream Theater played the Birch Hill. I had no idea. That had to be pretty fuckin wild.

TheGraveDigger said:
Wow, I am shocked that Dream Theater played the Birch Hill. I had no idea. That had to be pretty fuckin wild.

They played there at least twice. "Home for the Holidays" and another, earlier show.

And while 'wild' is one of the words that could be used to describe the overcrowding and danger, I can think of a few stronger, more descriptive ones....... :erk:

Pellaz said:
They played there at least twice. "Home for the Holidays" and another, earlier show.

And while 'wild' is one of the words that could be used to describe the overcrowding and danger, I can think of a few stronger, more descriptive ones....... :erk:

Haha, I see I see. I asked some of my friends who may have attended this show about it. Some did, some didn't and they said it was indeed more packed than a can of sardines. They also told me that Iron Maiden played the Birch Hill while Blaze was in the band. Another packed show.

Hey Sonata Arctica will also be playing at The Chance in up state New York Jan. 15 this is confirmed my band operatika is playing that show also Therion will be there Oct 5 we are also playing that one too

Emerald Sword said:
I saw some rumor that after the Stratovarius tour, Into Eternity are going to do the Sonata Arctica tour.

What else is new? Into Eternity gets on every North American tour now. They are touring sluts. First Amorphis/Beyond the Embrace. Second Incantation/Krisiun/Hate Eternal. Third Edguy/HammerFall. Fourth Stratovarius. Now Sonata Arctica.