Anthrax at Gigantour

eighteeschick

Jul 12, 2005
Jersey Baby
This was a little blip on the Gigantour website:

"09.07.05 - ANTHRAX JOINS TOUR LAST NIGHT IN EDMONTON!
Anthrax played their first show of the tour last night in Edmonton. Show had rave reviews with the original line up playing such classics as "Caught In The Mosh", "I'm The Man, "Be All, End All", "N.F.L.", "Indians" and more! Megadeth and Anthrax are co-headlining the last 5 shows on GIGANTOUR."

Also, not only are Dream Theater and DEP gone from Gigantour, but so are Symphony X and Dry Kill Logic (their bus broke down). If the rest of the bands get to play longer sets, for me anyway, that would be one kick-ass show. Damn, I wish I could get to Canada.

Then came Anthrax's first Gigantour gig. And holy smokes, they owned the place. One the best live bands I've ever seen. Non-stop energy. Not one low point the whole show. I think they played 2 encores too if I'm not mistaken. Wicked setlist, wicked performance. They were really greatful towards the crowd too. Belladonna mentioned that a lot the show was being filmed and actually sang with a camera in his hand for a song or 2, filming the band and the crowd. Amazing show.

this is a review from http://forums.gigantour.com :headbang:

I don't know if you saw it or not but you can chat with Scott on the 9th at 3:00 p.m. PDT but you have to register with the Gigantour forums first. Needless to say, I'll be there.

Sorry, I meant to answer this question earlier and I forgot. Yeah, I think it's 6:00 p.m. EST. If you are going to register, though, make sure you did it ASAP because you don't just register and go right into the website. You have to wait for the webmaster to get back to you, and that can take several hours.

I had been to the Gigantour site a few times but never went to the forums until after the Long Island show. I didn't realize they did chats until then otherwise I would have been there sooner. That is one of the things that I really liked about Gigantour. You could chat with other fans, you chat with the bands, you could meet the bands. It really felt like a love of music. May sound corny, but I really liked the whole experience and I hope it comes back again next year.

eighteeschick said:
This was a little blip on the Gigantour website:

"09.07.05 - ANTHRAX JOINS TOUR LAST NIGHT IN EDMONTON!
Anthrax played their first show of the tour last night in Edmonton. Show had rave reviews with the original line up playing such classics as "Caught In The Mosh", "I'm The Man, "Be All, End All", "N.F.L.", "Indians" and more! Megadeth and Anthrax are co-headlining the last 5 shows on GIGANTOUR."

Also, not only are Dream Theater and DEP gone from Gigantour, but so are Symphony X and Dry Kill Logic (their bus broke down). If the rest of the bands get to play longer sets, for me anyway, that would be one kick-ass show. Damn, I wish I could get to Canada.
So that's what happened...I got there an hour late, and when DKL and Symphony X never played, I assumed I had missed them.

Anhtrax but on the best show of all the bands (easily blew away Megadeth...good tunes, but a pretty boring stage presence), and it was cool to see the reunion line-up play, but (1) Joey has not aged well...he looks like a skeleton with a mullet, and (2) now having seen both line-ups live, I stand by my opinion that given the choice, I'll take a line-up with John any and every day (compromise: a joint tour would be okay). It was great to see Frank back, he puts a lot of energy in, if nothing else, I hope the reunion brings him back it to the fold permanently (nothing against Joey Vera, not that he was ever "official"). To be honest, Dan, Rob, or even Paul Crook (the best "unofficial" member of Anthrax ever :headbang: ) don't really make a huge difference for me on lead.

At the end of the set, Scott said "we'll be back in two months". Great, but will they be headlining or in support, will they be back with John or Joey...inquiring minds want to know. Although I did get to see John in other cities, Anthrax has never played in Edmonton with John singing, so I'll be a little miffed if they play Edmonton twice in two months with Joey but don't come back with John.

nafnikufesin said:
At the end of the set, Scott said "we'll be back in two months". Great, but will they be headlining or in support, will they be back with John or Joey...inquiring minds want to know.

Why would there be any inquiring minds? A common sense is enough...

Joey looks great, hell forgive him for not being 20 anymore! Hell I would love to see pics of most of you when you're about 40...then see who has not aged very well....

spacebeer said:
Joey looks great, hell forgive him for not being 20 anymore! Hell I would love to see pics of most of you when you're about 40...then see who has not aged very well....
The majority of the member of this board have evolved and are not stuck in the 80's.

And even if you were....would it make your opinion less worthy? would it make you a lesser person? total BS, I am OF COURSE not stuck in the 80's I just happened to like the music more....