Anthrax Cover In Progress (both details, a clip and some favour asking inside!)

cobhc

Amiga Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2003
Nottingham, England.
Ok guys, I've been working on a cover of Among The Living by Anthrax, I've got some scratch rhythm guitars down, I've got John (rvs0002) doing the vocals for me, and Dan (Nebulous) has kindly offered to throw down some bass for me (nudge nudge Dan, any chance of some scratch bass tracks for me yet? :p).

I'm pretty settled with the guitar tone (SoloC rocks for these kinda tones), but I'm still missing someone for the leads, and someone to mix (I don't feel confident enough to do this cover justice).

So trying to keep with the global collaboration that happened with the Mastered By Muppets project, I'd like to get someone from somewhere else in the world for the leads and the mix. I was wondering if Felix would do me the honour of totally nailing the leads as I know he can, and whether anyone else from another country would like to mix it? (Oz again maybe? :p)

As promised, here is some shitty scratch guitars (a little out of tune), some badly mixed S2.0 drums, and a sample track of John's vocals.

www.johnnylokke.com/AmongTest.mp3

Let me know what you guys think so far, and whether any of you guys can help.

:headbang:

Haha, on their way Steve. It's been ready, I was going to send it to you last weekend, but pre production got the better of my time. I'll endevour to send it to you over the coming week/ end.

Man, I'm liking two things here, one that I'm finally busy enough with music projects to keep me happy and feeling like I'm actually doing something, and the other is that I can finally say I'm doing pre production on this album. It's been spoken about for around two years now.

Back on topic, who wants to join in?

hey steven if you want upload all the tracks when your done i would'nt mind mixing it for fun.....maybe some others might like that as well...

Bass track FINALLY uploaded Steve!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/966723/Among bass track.wav

Sorry about the delay, I got busier than expected with the amp tubes fucking themselves, learning to sing afew songs for last weeks performance. After I finished re-arranging my room last night I made it a priority to get this up for you today.
Done.

I can't wait to hear how it turns out in the end, have you done the final version of the guitars yet?

That's fair enough. I quite liked how it sat in the mix with your rough guits, let me know how you feel about it and if anything needs changing. Actually, while on the subject of changing, I kept to the original bass line so at the start just before the first verse, I held the note, rather than playing along with the guits. It sounds abit empty in our version, as there will actually be some sub bass going on, unlike the original haha.

Oh by the way, now that I may become alittle bit less busier over the next few weeks, I'll start on one of the other songs you helped me out with, probably Burning Angel. I can't wait to get the bass and the JSX working together for the first time.

It might just be me, but it sounds like your timing is off in places during the first riff after the intro, and also during the verse and solo riffs.