ANTHRAX Going Back To 'New York Style And Attitude' On Upcoming Album

Yeah but he was talking about how it was the "8 ball" album...he can't even keep Stomp and Vol. 8 straight.

I don't blame the guy for not knowing the difference. He didn't play on them, wasn't part of it, and he probably wants to distance his name as far away from those 2 albums as possible. It really is unbelievable how you can go from amazing Anthrax records like POT, ATL, STD, to something as bad as Stomp and Volume 8. I am sure both Danny and Joey get a good laugh when they listen to those albums. But like I said even if Joey was on Volume 8 or Stomp I would still hate those albums. Dan Spitz certainly had more influence on the quality of the music than did Joey. But either way I am hoping this next album is a return to form, even IF Dan is not part of it.

I don't blame the guy for not knowing the difference. He didn't play on them, wasn't part of it, and he probably wants to distance his name as far away from those 2 albums as possible.

Then why would he take credit for the writing? Just sayin'.:confused:

Then why would he take credit for the writing? Just sayin'.:confused:

At the time he probably said that because he was bitter about the whole thing. How it ended etc. Looking back on it he probably wouldn't want to have any credit for any of the music on that album. But who knows. Who cares really. I don't know what I am talking about, I really have no clue about what he wrote or didn't write, hell maybe he actually likes Volume 8 and Stomp. It's fun to talk about and debate but what really matters is this next Anthrax album. If it sounds anything like the pre- John Bush era of Anthrax I will be happy and will not care if Dan Spitz is in the band or not.

I really want to see Anthrax live again on a solo tour playing some songs other than Anti Social, Indians, and Got the Time =)

At the time he probably said that because he was bitter about the whole thing. How it ended etc. Looking back on it he probably wouldn't want to have any credit for any of the music on that album. But who knows. Who cares really. I don't know what I am talking about, I really have no clue about what he wrote or didn't write, hell maybe he actually likes Volume 8 and Stomp. It's fun to talk about and debate but what really matters is this next Anthrax album. If it sounds anything like the pre- John Bush era of Anthrax I will be happy and will not care if Dan Spitz is in the band or not.

I really want to see Anthrax live again on a solo tour playing some songs other than Anti Social, Indians, and Got the Time =)

I remember interviews with Charlie saying he wrote most of the solos on SOWN because the solos Dan Spitz was coming up with werent good enough and Charlie had to show Spitz what to play on those songs which resulted in Spitz leaving the band as either his style of playing didnt fit the new songs or he just wasnt happy with the direction the band was going in with Stomp 442.

And im not high when i say Robs doing a good job as did Paul Crook before him playing lead for the band.

I remember interviews with Charlie saying he wrote most of the solos on SOWN because the solos Dan Spitz was coming up with werent good enough and Charlie had to show Spitz what to play on those songs which resulted in Spitz leaving the band as either his style of playing didnt fit the new songs or he just wasnt happy with the direction the band was going in with Stomp 442.

And im not high when i say Robs doing a good job as did Paul Crook before him playing lead for the band.

First off, he may have written those solos, but they are boring and forgettable. I highly miss Dans solos.... and yes he is probably totally insane:Smokin:

Paul Crook was the best guitarist Anthrax has ever had, shame they couldn't keep him, dye his hair black and make him shrink a bit.

Maybe they didn't write anything. But just having them in the band and part of the process certainly had influence on how the music was written. If nothing else they would at least voice their opinions when Scat or Charlie came up with some lame Nu Metal or Pantera ripp off Riff. Though Dan Spitz may have not technically 'written' the music he certainly had a huge influence on the music in general. If you are telling me you'd rather have Rob on guitars instead of Dan Spitz you are high.

They were a machine back then with they had Spitz and Joey. Then the machine eventually fell apart when they were gone. You obviously are in love with John Bush but their music quality went downhill and John Bush's voice was not the reason why.

Among The Living - Classic album on of the best Thrash albums of all time
Spreading The Disease - Excellent album
S.O.E. - Worst Joey Era album, but still better than Stomp, Vol 8 or WCFYA
POT - Excellent album - Probably the best all around Anthrax album...time to get rid of Joey....

SOWN - Good album if it didn't have "Anthrax" on the cover.. time for Dan Spitz to go....
Stomp - Decent at best, terrible for Anthrax's standards
Vol 8 - Terrible, Embarrassing
WCFYA - Decent

Is it just coincidence that when Dan Spitz and Joey were gone the albums weren't as good? I think not.

Agreed

Charlie Benante mentioned that Anthrax songs are written collectively but he's the catalyst. Scott Ian may write most of the riffs but its not like him or Charlie write the other members parts, which makes up the overall Anthrax sound. Also Dan Spitz mentioned that him and Joey are the melody to the madness, which explains why the melodies were not as memorable when Belladonna and Spitz were ghost during Anthrax's "different" sound direction.

Out went Spitz because he wasn't happy with the direction Anthrax went and so did most Anthrax fans. Sad but true.

Crap. Spitz has never said that. But nonetheless we all love the way you form opinions in your own mind and then try to put it out there as fact. Whatever keeps you happy though.

Stomp - Decent at best, terrible for Anthrax's standards
Vol 8 - Terrible, Embarrassing
Don't you mean the other way around? Stomp is by far their worst. At least Vol8 has Crush. and that song rules big time. It would sound great with Joey as well by the way. Hope they try that one someday.