ANTHRAX greater of 2 evils

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Didn't this one come out today? Haven't heard anybody say anything about it yet. I dunno...I was excited about it until I heard Twisted Sister's re-recording of STAY HUNGRY and now I'm scared Anthrax will turn what classics they do have into crap................Whattay'all think?!?!?!
Love,
Uncle Ted

It's a really crappy effort, in my opinion. Disappointing too, seeing as the songs sounded great when performed live on the recent tour.

I have no interest at all in hearing this. Hope this trend of re-recording old song will end soon. A song here and there is cool but complete albums of redone old tracks is getting old.

sixxswine said:
Abryl, way to add Blaze to the thread!

It's that ugly signature :erk:

I can understand that people who listened to Anthrax in the 80s don't like what they're doing today. I thought their latest album was awesome and I even like em more with Bush on vocals, but maybe because I got into them with the Sound Of White Noise album, then I checked out the old stuff, which I found really good. But I dunno, Bush's voice is just too cool to me :D

Anthrax has hit the wall ... and how could they think they could get away witrh doing classics without the Master Guitarist Dan Spitz thos songs are nothing with out his solos ... the songs I have heard are bad they have slaughtered some of my Favorite oldies ... and for the record Blaze doesnt suck

Abryl said:
It's that ugly signature :erk:

I can understand that people who listened to Anthrax in the 80s don't like what they're doing today. I thought their latest album was awesome and I even like em more with Bush on vocals, but maybe because I got into them with the Sound Of White Noise album, then I checked out the old stuff, which I found really good. But I dunno, Bush's voice is just too cool to me :D
So you're into boring, uncharismatic, monotone singers who sound like they're half-asleep? No wonder you don't like Blaze :Smug:

I can't bring myself to check out Armoured Saint because of this guy...please tell me he sounded ok back then?

I've downloaded a couple of the songs and they are not bad, but I still don't get the point. I would much reather hear some new stuff from them.

Ayeka said:
So you're into boring, uncharismatic, monotone singers who sound like they're half-asleep? No wonder you don't like Blaze :Smug:

I can't bring myself to check out Armoured Saint because of this guy...please tell me he sounded ok back then?

Well I'm not gonna try to convince you that John Bush is awesome and Blaze is nowhere near that. To each his/her own, a matter of tastes :)

JonnyD said:
Anthrax has hit the wall ... and how could they think they could get away witrh doing classics without the Master Guitarist Dan Spitz thos songs are nothing with out his solos ... the songs I have heard are bad they have slaughtered some of my Favorite oldies ...
Spitz wasn't all that. I guess he's making clocks for a living these days.
How the mighty have fallen. I'd be curious to know, just how much money was waved in front of their faces to do this record. I mean it was Sanctuary Records, so I highly doubt it was much. Are they that hard up for cash?!
I say they should disband now & save some face!

Ayeka said:
Armored Saint Bush shits all over Anthrax Bush

Abryl said:
Well I'm not gonna try to convince you that John Bush is awesome and Blaze is nowhere near that. To each his/her own, a matter of tastes :)
And vice versa, though I can never resist some good baiting :saint: I'll set upon those Saint songs soonish...

I think John Bush is great. I loved 'em with Belladonna, though (among the living is the only real THRAX album to me...but again, I like Lyle Lovett) and didn't care so much for neil turbin.

I think Scott and Charlie are the problem...they are nice enough guys, what with their love of comic books and all that..but I think they are bitter that they never became Metallica.

Scott and Charlie's shining moments are when they put BILLY MILANO behind the mic!