Anthrax / Harpos-Detroit 4-29

why is it that Trax is touring with "no names"for support. Ive watched Trax about 7 times the last 2 years and they had crap written all over. I'm not judging this band supporting now, because I haven't heard of them before!!

t-rave said:
Mikey...

recording a new cd and picking up the odd small show here and there... I'll be down at Harpos next friday so maybe we can say Hi! I wish they wouldve booked the Emerald Theater....great area , huge stage , great sound...When they played there with Motorhead it was awesome!

Cool, I'll look for ya. I forgot the emerald theater, coulda play the royal oak too.... well WRIF will prob be there and they'll have cops to watch the equipment van so I think we should all survive the evening.... :OMG:

speaking of the Token, are you fellas aware of the :worship: Testament :worship: show there July 16th?? I can't remember all the locals that will be opening except for Abandon and Bad Blood...get tix from them if you can. Testament at the Token...talk about in your face!! I will post more details asap.

Later,

If anyone in the area wants a dose of South Gate before the Anthrax show, they have been selected to headline a showcase at the Motor City Music Conference this Thurs. night at the Labyrinth...1703 Cass ave. in Detroit (in the basement of the Ramada...home of the City Club).

What about the Magic Stick? I have seen some pretty good shows there too? Also, the I-Rock, that place is kick ass just for all the 80's slut posters everywhere. Then if you don't feel like dodging bullets in Detroit, you also have the Orbit Room:worship: and The Intersection in Grand Rapids. I have seen Thrax play at the Orbit Room with Life of Agony before.

I know it's not Detroit but the Machine Shop in Flint is easily the best metal club in the area....killer stage, lights, sound, and safety. The place isnt pay for play and the management runs a class act.

The Machine Shop is also a good venue to go and it is also kinda turning into Harpos as far as getting the good metal shows. I am also for some reason not as uncomfortable going there as I am in Detroit because I used live there(on Flushing road). Don't get me wrong Flint is also a shithole but if you know your way around the area you can avoid the really seedy areas

t-rave said:
I know it's not Detroit but the Machine Shop in Flint is easily the best metal club in the area....killer stage, lights, sound, and safety. The place isnt pay for play and the management runs a class act.

Hear hear! Best club I've been in in a while.

MichiMikey said:
Cool, I'll look for ya. I forgot the emerald theater, coulda play the royal oak too.... well WRIF will prob be there and they'll have cops to watch the equipment van so I think we should all survive the evening.... :OMG:
Nowaday's, Detroit blows... My friends and I saw :worship: SOULFLY :worship: at the Royal Oak Music Theater acouple of month's ago, and there was maybe 200 people there. Emerald is a nice venue, but waaay on the east side. I used to work at Harpo's, prolly about 13 years ago, and whenever a show comes to town that I want to see, you can always count on OLD FAITHFUL. They get the word out, and fill the joint up. Indeed, the place is a shithole, but it gets the deed done... :worship:

Sticky said:
We will be there May 6 for :worship: Machine Head - Devil Driver :worship: ...can't fuckin wait...I have also heard awesome things about this venue.

Are any of you guys going to see Lamb of God and Machine Head at the Orbit Room? I am going and my bro's buddies(12 tribes) are playing there also.