anthrax in australia

Yup indeed! Megadeth in 2 weeks then Thrax a month later.

Bang your fuckin head!

Of on 'Deth would come this way of the country - can't afford to get over to Melbourne. SHITTTT!!

Yer its a shame really as I know Megadeth would easily sell out a venue like Heaven or even Thebby in Adelaide.

Not sure if you noticed but Heaven is all ages - I thought it was a licensed venue so whats up with that?

Yeah I did notice that. They do have some all ages gigs there from time to time, not sure how they work the alcohol situation though(??).

The gig there last year when they played with KSE and Soilwork was over 18s only, and you'd think most of the 'kids' would wanna see those 2 bands more than Anthrax and Mortal Sin.

Here's my thought re the Aussie tour.....

Anthrax made a lot of new fans on the Aussie tour last year - probably mostly younger ones there to see SW and KSE. Now those same fans are going to say - cool - Anthrax are coming back - I'm going to see them. Imagine their face when only 2 of the 5 guys they saw last year come on stage - they'll be confused as fuck.

I guess that's my disappointment with the reunion. As cool as it is, it's certainly not building on any momentum they built since the release of WCFYA.

My thoughts exactly.
I'd rather see them playing new music, moving forward and continuing to sound the best they've ever sounded.
I dont want to see a nostalgia act. So, as much as I hate to say it, I'll be sitting this one out.
Talk to me when Bush is back

Fair enough, but I reakon you'll be missing out!!!! I'm like you - I'd much prefer to be there with the WCFYA lineup, but to me if Anthrax is playing I'm there.

Airesgirl ... can I say this. Come along regardless and perhaps get a glimpse of a bygone era ... why not eh?

Like you I love John as well but I am also a huge Joey fan too. And to be honest Adelaide is not usually spoiled for international acts of this calibre.

Come along and BANG YOUR HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me I have thought about it.
I dont support the reunion, I dont think its necessary. I dont think what theyre doing is fair to John.
It just doesnt interest me. I'll save my money.
I wish Megadeth were coming here though, I'm pissed off about that!

South here.

Amazing that there are so many people on here the last few days - like talking in real time on the Anthrax board - usually you have to wait 2 days for people to respond to your posts!!!!!!!

Are Anthrax playing in the same venues they did on last years tour with Soilwork and KSW - anyone know? I know Heaven in Adelaide is the same and they didn't play Perth last time round, but what about Bris, Syd and Melb?