Anthrax in Detroit (28-September-2012)

Oct 18, 2010
Just seen Anthrax at the Mayhem festival here in the Detroit area last month and enjoyed it eventhough they were playing in the parking lot. Slayer really kicked the shit out of that concert. They were amazing. Also enjoyed seeing Motörhead for the first time.

Looking forward to Anthrax at Harpos on September 28th with Testament and Death Angel.

Just seen Anthrax at the Mayhem festival here in the Detroit area last month and enjoyed it eventhough they were playing in the parking lot. Slayer really kicked the shit out of that concert. They were amazing. Also enjoyed seeing Motörhead for the first time.

Looking forward to Anthrax at Harpos on September 28th with Testament and Death Angel.

Slayer destroyed it this year from what I have read. Slipknot has never been that great live. Hopefully all of the Hot Topic Mall kids took notice of Slayer.

The new Testament album "Dark Roots of Earth" is phenomenal. I can't wait to see them play the new material live. Testament's new album is the best thrash album in a long time imo. Blows the shit out of Worship Music

I just love opinions. I don't know about them 'blowing the shit out of WM, but I do like Testament. ...And I don't care for Slayer. All they play is fast and noisy, slapped together shit that any band can play if they wanted to.

I think it was John Bush who said "If I never have to walk trough the doors at Harpo's in Detroit I'll die happy" or something like that. It was when he was back with Anthrax for Sonisphere I think.

Yeah, I saw them at Mayhem, and I'll be seeing them again on the 27th in Chicago. Looking forward to a longer set list. Also, I've never seen Death Angel and haven't seen Testament since 1990 (Souls Of Black tour with Megadeth.)

I agree about Slayer at Mayhem, they killed!

Slipknot has never been that great live. Hopefully all of the Hot Topic Mall kids took notice of Slayer.

The new Testament album "Dark Roots of Earth" is phenomenal. I can't wait to see them play the new material live.
Aye. I didn't care much for Slipknot. I have heard a few of their big hits and they seem OK. First and probably the only time I will be seeing them. When it comes to masks and costumes no one beats GWAR. Those guys in Slipknot looked like they were scalding themselves in those jumpsuits. The highlight of their show was one of the three drummers had his drum set on a scissor jack and kept jacking it.

I will give "Dark Roots of Earth" a listen. I seen Testament live with Anthrax when they played in Grand Rapids. They were rocking pretty hard but I didn't know the songs.
I think it was John Bush who said "If I never have to walk trough the doors at Harpo's in Detroit I'll die happy" or something like that. It was when he was back with Anthrax for Sonisphere I think.
Lemmy of Motörhead at the Detroit Mayhem Festival brought up Harpos during their set as one of the old-time great places to play. He was being nostalgic but taking a friendly jab at the place at the same time.
I agree about Slayer at Mayhem, they killed!
It was the best festival short-set performance I have ever seen and Slayer isn't even my favorite band. They were great.

And Harpos isn't that bad. It is a better venue then the Orbit Room where Anthrax played last time. Long ago I went to the Orbit Room to see GWAR and it seemed like a small place in a bad neighborhood. Last fall when I drove up to Rapids to see Anthrax I was shocked at how fucked up the Orbit Room had become. The entire place smelled awful. I can't even tell you the smell. First I thought it was piss and beer but then it may have been lingering disinfectant odors. Whatever the hell the smell was it was fucking nasty. The outside of the building looked like it was from a World War III B-movie. The area was even worse than the neighborhood of Harpo's. So this is an "Upgrade" for Anthrax.

.And I don't care for Slayer. All they play is fast and noisy, slapped together shit that any band can play if they wanted to.

Okay douche bag I'd dare you to try and play any of Dave Lombardo's drum parts. You obviously have no clue about this band or you wouldn't say stupid shit like that. Lombardo blows away every drummer you have ever heard in metal including Charlie Benente. Yet you say anyone can play it? Let's see you give it a try. Good luck trying to playing any of Kerry King of Jeff Hannemans guitar solos as well.

Slayer dominates every band on the big 4. They destroy Anthrax, Megadeth and Metallica. Testament is the only band that can hold a candle to Slayer

Reign In Blood is the best thrash metal album of all time.. PERIOD.. but I guess "anyone can play it"... fuckin idiot

ive no doubt slayer would be great in a smaller venue but having seen them twice i wasnt to fussed on there live show,slipknot in comparison blew the roof off the place both times that i have seen them,each to there own though,i would love a testament/anthrax show as they are in my top3 bands that i have seen live,greatest show ive ever seen was pantera reinventing the steel tour,the band were in a bad way personally but muscally they were ahead of everyone,still to this day its ythe loudest show ive ever been to,and the most abrasive.

ive no doubt slayer would be great in a smaller venue but having seen them twice i wasnt to fussed on there live show,slipknot in comparison blew the roof off the place both times that i have seen them,each to there own though,i would love a testament/anthrax show as they are in my top3 bands that i have seen live,greatest show ive ever seen was pantera reinventing the steel tour,the band were in a bad way personally but muscally they were ahead of everyone,still to this day its ythe loudest show ive ever been to,and the most abrasive.

That reminds of the quietest show I've every been to. Megadeth this past May. We were right up front and I remember us looking at each other and thinking "WTF. Turn it up". We could hear and understand each other in our regular speaking voices.

That reminds of the quietest show I've every been to. Megadeth this past May. We were right up front and I remember us looking at each other and thinking "WTF. Turn it up". We could hear and understand each other in our regular speaking voices.

Pretty cool how Megadeth doesn't use actual amps on stage. NOT!

yeah had the same deal when megadeth were hear for gigantour tour,there were people literaly yelling for them to turn it up and dave stated they were going to change anything,weird hey,would that be to protect his voice i wonder?

Lombardo blows away every drummer you have ever heard in metal including Charlie Benente.

Well this video proves otherwise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qVSodmobE8

Lombardo is easily the worst drummer of them all and his sloppy playing sometimes reminds of Lars Ulrich. Don't get me wrong he kicks ass in Slayer and so does the whole band, but his playing technicalwise is nowhere close to Charlie's.

Well this video proves otherwise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qVSodmobE8

Lombardo is easily the worst drummer of them all and his sloppy playing sometimes reminds of Lars Ulrich. Don't get me wrong he kicks ass in Slayer and so does the whole band, but his playing technicalwise is nowhere close to Charlie's.

I'm not sure Charlie quite steals the show there. And what's wrong with Dave's playing there? Sounded sic to me. Anyway just one video doesn't prove that. But they're both great drummers but to say Charles is better than Dave, that's pushing it a little. Shannon Lucas and Nicholas Barker own both. Lol at Lars :lol: