Anthrax in Detroit (28-September-2012)

Lombardo blows away every drummer you have ever heard in metal including Charlie Benante.

l.jpg

Good luck trying to playing any of Kerry King of Jeff Hannemans guitar solos as well.

external_dial-up_modem_via_usb.jpg

Guys like Charlie and Portnoy are far more "Rounded" as drummers. Do not misunderstand and take what I say out of context. Lombardo is an awesome 'Thrash" drummer.

Okay douche bag I'd dare you to try and play any of Dave Lombardo's drum parts. You obviously have no clue about this band or you wouldn't say stupid shit like that. Lombardo blows away every drummer you have ever heard in metal including Charlie Benente. Yet you say anyone can play it? Let's see you give it a try. Good luck trying to playing any of Kerry King of Jeff Hannemans guitar solos as well.

Slayer dominates every band on the big 4. They destroy Anthrax, Megadeth and Metallica. Testament is the only band that can hold a candle to Slayer

Reign In Blood is the best thrash metal album of all time.. PERIOD.. but I guess "anyone can play it"... fuckin idiot

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

Okay douche bag I'd dare you to try and play any of Dave Lombardo's drum parts. You obviously have no clue about this band or you wouldn't say stupid shit like that. Lombardo blows away every drummer you have ever heard in metal including Charlie Benente. Yet you say anyone can play it? Let's see you give it a try. Good luck trying to playing any of Kerry King of Jeff Hannemans guitar solos as well.

Slayer dominates every band on the big 4. They destroy Anthrax, Megadeth and Metallica. Testament is the only band that can hold a candle to Slayer

Reign In Blood is the best thrash metal album of all time.. PERIOD.. but I guess "anyone can play it"... fuckin idiot

:lol::lol::lol::Smug:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

:D

Slayer destroyed live at Mayhem and Reign In Blood will forever be a classic. No matter how many times Ive heard the album it will never get old. Never. Pure speed from start to finish. Referencing it as thrown together shit that anyone can play is like saying Dio didnt influence Joey Belladonna.

I'm not saying they aren't talented. I personally don't like fast, repetitive noise that sounds thrown together. I'm sure ANYONE from the Big 4 can play Slayer's music if they WANTED to. I'm sure they prefer playing metal that actually sounds something like music. You guys can have it and love Slayer all day long. I don't have a problem with that. I just don't care for them.
Your opinions really don't mean anything. They are just yours. I find it childish when someone uses the words 'PERIOD', 'blows away', or 'destroys', unless they say 'I think' before what they are stating. Are you like 13 or something?

I'm not saying they aren't talented. I personally don't like fast, repetitive noise that sounds thrown together.
Plenty of folks would say that is what all the Big 4 sound like. It comes often comes down to what albums you were exposed to in your youth or music listening years. I wasn't a fan of Slayer at all until I heard them live. They tour every year and they sound great live. Some folks claim that they only have one album and even Kerry King jokes about it. But it doesn't matter because it sounds good live. Now I don't listen to Slayer all the time but I can go see them live every year if I want. That is the only band from the Big 4 you can say that. So if I get to see Slayer crush a live show for an hour to 90 minutes every year that is great. For variety I will listen to something else. They were the best performance at Mayhem this year. Are they the best band ever? No, but none of the Big 4 fit that bill either.

Lombardo blows away every drummer you have ever heard in metal including Charlie Benente.

no sorry, theire are many drummers u never listn before, for example Aquiles Priester (brasil)

Dave Lombardo do the double base fast but he have no heavyness. here is a drummer do it fast and got a strong heavyness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plenty of folks would say that is what all the Big 4 sound like. It comes often comes down to what albums you were exposed to in your youth or music listening years. I wasn't a fan of Slayer at all until I heard them live. They tour every year and they sound great live. Some folks claim that they only have one album and even Kerry King jokes about it. But it doesn't matter because it sounds good live. Now I don't listen to Slayer all the time but I can go see them live every year if I want. That is the only band from the Big 4 you can say that. So if I get to see Slayer crush a live show for an hour to 90 minutes every year that is great. For variety I will listen to something else. They were the best performance at Mayhem this year. Are they the best band ever? No, but none of the Big 4 fit that bill either.

Cool, finally someone has a mature and respectful opinion without being a dick about it :)