2012: Awesome year so far for thrash/good metal

jamesr7790

Sep 2, 2011
Houston, TX
Here's why:

First, new albums!

Saint Vitus - Lillie F-65 (Spring 2012)

Fear Factory - The Industrialist (Spring 2012)

Testament - Dark Roots of Earth (Spring 2012)

Kreator - Phantom Antichrist (6/5/12)

Overkill - The Electric Age (3/27/12)

Plus Slayer and TOOL are expected to have new albums out by year's end. I'm sure I'm missing some but these are just the bands and albums I'm most stoked about. Fuck the bullshit Sabbath reunion now that Bill Ward is out.

Secondly: Anthrax is on their second leg w/Testament on the Earth on Hell Tour, Megadeth is touring w/ Motorhead on the Gigantour, and we've got Slayer and Anthrax on Mayhem Festival this summer. Overkill is touring in May in support of their new record. Kreator is supposed to be announcing a tour. Ringworm is playing 3 shows at SXSW.

So a lot of cool shit happening soon, gonna catch every show I can. What upcoming albums are YOU looking forward to most?

Yeah, Testament and Kreator are my 2 biggies, as well as hopefully Slayer at some point later in the year. Lamb of God's new one is an absolute cracker as well for me, maybe their best yet.

Fucking americans. Don't they realise the world is made up of two hemispheres thus 'spring' is meaningless. And Tool is not thrash obviously. Neither is Lamb of God.

Testament is the biggest one for me.

Hope to catch them live one day.

and of course "The Law" from Sweden. Think they are planning to release a new album this year. In the meantime, we can listen to their earlier stuff:

Last edited by a moderator: