Good albums for 2012 so far?

FerretallicA

HMAS Slagdestroyer
Mar 23, 2005
Sydney, Australia
The only album I've listened to so far which has really impressed me is the new Van Halen one. Is it just me or is 2012 off to a slow start for metal? New Psycroptic is good but lacks the punch of earlier albums, new Buckethead cuts the line between understated genius and elevator music a bit too fine, new Opera IX is nothing noteworthy...

I can't think of one album I've heard of that I want to buy yet, but then I've not being paying much attention.

Primal Rock Rebellion (the Adrian Smith project) is pretty solid. It's not "holy shit this is the most fucking amazing thing i've ever heard" which is what I was kind of expecting, but it gets better with repeat listens. Maybe my expectations were just too high after how "holy shit" awesome ASAP and Psycho Motel were.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Napalm Death is cooking my sausage, fuck me this is good, and the fact that they are throwing little differences in here and there is soooo fucking good.:hotjump::kickass::kickass::headbang::headbang::danceboy:

Napalm Death and Cannibal Corpse.
Finally got around to checking these out. Cannibal Corpse good, Napalm Death jaw-dropping :headbang:

Spawn of Posession, Gorod, Obscura (even if not technically "new" material) and Beneath The Massacre new albums are all stand-outs too. Looks like Year of the Brutal so far.

Wait..WHAT!!! You need to get the new album Winny, then get the whole back catalogue dude, stop whining and get to it. Think of it like not having enough ST in the collection

If you start with the latest one, it will be a down-hill voyage from there... I'd start with Harmony Corruption or Diatribes and work your way forward to the present. Do yourself a favor and give anything earlier than Harmony Corruption a wide berth.