The Glorious Burden! so far so good!

spawn said:
So it only takes one mediocre album to "end" your liking the band?

Its probably because its pro american or some bullshit.

I have not heard it yet, but I like patriotic stuff. I am history buff myself, so im excited to hear this album.

And why does everybody who listens to Iced Earth always talk shit about Jon?

COBSteele02 said:
And why does everybody who listens to Iced Earth always talk shit about Jon?
Jon just makes himself an easy target from what he says in interviews, he is always VERY honest (sometimes a little too honest) and it always causes controversy :)

I have no beef with Jon at all,I just don't like the theme too much.
Usually one shitty album is enough to make me feel pretty disgusted about the band (in their recent state of course,such as In Flames and tons of others) but The Glorious Burden isn't shitty or even mediocre so far so...

But goddamn let Christy PLAY those fuckin drums!

TheFourthHorseman said:
I have no beef with Jon at all,I just don't like the theme too much.
Usually one shitty album is enough to make me feel pretty disgusted about the band (in their recent state of course,such as In Flames and tons of others) but The Glorious Burden isn't shitty or even mediocre so far so...

But goddamn let Christy PLAY those fuckin drums!
Your so fuckin right. What a waste of talent, I hope it will be different with Demons & Wizards.

Alright lets clear a few things up for you foreign people who are concerned about this being over patriotic. The only songs that are patriotic are When the Eagle Cries and The Reckoning. Most of the rest have historical themes, but they are by no means patriotic in any sense. 2 of the best songs on the album are Attila and Waterloo.

Of course the trilogy is the best, and kicks massive amounts of ass. But still, it's not patriotic or anything, it's just about the damn civil war.

The album is not as patriotic as you all think...most of it is just about history. And even if it's meant to be patriotic, why does anyone really care? It's about the MUSIC! If you don't like it, fine. Don't listen. But don't just NOT listen because of the theme, or because you don't like Jon. That's a pretty lame reason to not listen to music you may potentially like.

Rottuated said:
The album is not as patriotic as you all think...most of it is just about history. And even if it's meant to be patriotic, why does anyone really care? It's about the MUSIC! If you don't like it, fine. Don't listen. But don't just NOT listen because of the theme, or because you don't like Jon. That's a pretty lame reason to not listen to music you may potentially like.

Well said.

Someone tell me what song this guitar/orchestra riff in The Devil Pay at 8:10-9:00 resembles before I go insane.

I still hate that goddamn march crap. And love these orchestra compositions.

TheFourthHorseman said:
Someone tell me what song this guitar/orchestra riff in The Devil Pay at 8:10-9:00 resembles before I go insane.

I still hate that goddamn march crap. And love these orchestra compositions.

fade to black? i had the same thing happen...

From the cd single, I love songs on there. As much I'm a fan of Matthew Barlow-era also I'm glad we didn't get somene that is a Matthew Barlow clone. Tim Owens is my favorite singer when I heard his 1st band Winters Bane.

Oh christ now I'm just hearing shit. Ok,so around 6:15-7:00 in The Devil To Pay,there's a riff that totally reminds me of some part of the music in Die Hard III. Fucking funny if you ask me,I mean I highly doubt that Jon has been grabbing stuff here and there but it's pretty funny. :)