The Glorious Burden! so far so good!

\m/

I Die Slowly
I have the new cd! All 14 tracks! I've listened to it about 4 times so far. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone, but i'm gonna say that track 2: Declaration Day is my favorite so far! Well maybe i'll spoil it a bit by saying its a really good cd! Way to go Jon!
heres a sample of the chorus lyrics:
"So we make a stand and pray, on this Declaration Day, give me liberty or give me death, i'll fight to my last breath"
The only things that blow on this cd is the concept and some of the lyrics.

hey guitar shredder what is your email??? i d like to have some songs like declaration day or attila...can you send them to me at gcrissemppu@aol.com
thanx in advance
by the way i ll buy the album of course it's just that i am too eager to wait until fuckin january to hear the stuff!!

The albums was ripped from poor quality real audio files guys, dont expect much from it.

spawn said:
No, but I know the quality of real audio files converted to MP3.
The only time I really noticed lower sound quality is when I listened to it with headphones. It really isn't that bad.

The quality is not that bad. It will sound better on CD, but the quality is NOT bad. And so far, I LOVE THIS CD! It's fucking great so far! And just wait till you hear the Gettysburg trilogy... :cool: :cool: :cool: :OMG:

The Glorious Burden sounds pretty good...the lyrics are pretty bad from what I hear,but mainly cause I don't really prefer that kind of 'war novelty' lyrics.

Owens is a great deal different than Barlow,which is good. Sounds fresh. Good hopes for the Something Wicked concept. Maybe Jon will write some good lyrics too.

You can't hear half of Christy's drumming cause of the shitty ripping quality,but it still sounds (from what I hear,again) like he's totally on a leash. I wish Jon used all Christy's potential.

Star Spangled Banner sounds REALLY gay as the intro. Also the intro of (Gettysburg 1863) The Devil To Pay isn't that good. I hate marching stuff on a metal album. If it's not Iron Maiden.

All in all,it sounds pretty good with some lame things that I can easily not listen to.

Hehe I loved all the things you said you hated. :)

This is actually making more exciting about the album, because now I want to hear it in better quality.

TheFourthHorseman said:
You're american. Figures.
True !

And after all is going on in the world makes me hate this anthem even more.

But anyway, I remember reading Jon was much inspired by 9/11 so that's where this all came from.