Good albums for 2012 so far?

Hypno5e - Acid Mist Tomorrow
Orange Goblin - A Eulogy for the Damned

Both holy fuck moments in the genres. I think 2012 is going to be as strong if not stronger than 2011 at this rate for fucking good albums, there already has been a few, and guaranteed there are more to come.

I went to JB today and there's loads of stuff that I like, but haven't got. It's a good way to learn self-restraint.

Holy fucking yes yes yes...

Slash has completely knocked it out of the park with "Apocalyptic Love". If you loved "Appetite for Destruction" but don't feel GnR were ever the same after that, this is the album you've been waiting 20+ years for.

Europe's "Bag of Bones" is also killer. It doesn't have the same kind of immediate jaw-drop factor and there's no anthemic songs like "The Final Countdown" (which 99% of people probably think is Europe's only song) but it's still end-to-end a really solid album.

Last edited by a moderator:
listening to Paradise Lost's latest Tragic Idol and my jaw dropped.

It's the album that they should've made after Draconian Times.
Hard, melodic and emotional.

Also gave the first track off the new Steve Hogarth & Richard Barbieri album Not The Weapon But The Hand and it is panty wetting amazing!
Seems to be the year for spaced out emotional prog.
Basically you liked the Storm Corrosion CD, you'll go nuts for this. :headbang:

I only got Biohazard's newest album yesterday, if you enjoy any of their old stuff, it is the best they have done in 15 years I think. Also the new JFAC suitably impressed me, even though alot of modern 'death' bands are starting to sound similar, their newie has something going on I think to poke its head out of the pack a touch

Does it sound like it was recorded in a cave?

Southy, it is a shame Evan piked. I would have liked to have seen him with them at Soundwave. What's he doing now? He's not even banging Tera Patrick any more.

Also, New Fear Factory slots in right after Obsolete, is the album they should of made there I think. Love the fact the the drums are programmed, you wouldn't know it if they didn't want you to know, sounds like any drumming from any album by the band