Good albums for 2012 so far?

I keep hearing about that band and how good they are, which means I should check them out properly.

Yes been meaning to check it out. I listened to their previous albums prior to seeing them with Metallica a couple of years back, and liked the style of them but wasn't grabbed enough to really give em a good go. Listened to a couple of older tracks on youtube the other day and enjoyed them more though, so will give the new one a whirl.

Has anyone listened to the new the darkness album? I loved their 1st cd but the second album was pure shit. What songs i have heard from the new album ain't that great.

Yes been meaning to check it out. I listened to their previous albums prior to seeing them with Metallica a couple of years back, and liked the style of them but wasn't grabbed enough to really give em a good go. Listened to a couple of older tracks on youtube the other day and enjoyed them more though, so will give the new one a whirl.

It's like Mastodon went a bit gay with Nick Cave and then got Brian May to do all of the guitar solos.

The only song I've heard off the new Darkness album (apart from one or two others they played live, which I can't remember) was Nothing's Gonna Stop Us or whatever it was called. That's not a very impressive song, and it's got a video clip, so I don't have great hopes for the rest of the album. They were great live though.

I just listened to new Orange Goblin, "A Eulogy For The Damned", and it was very good. First impressions indicate that the title track might be a contender for song of the year. They're a worthy addition to the Soundwave lineup for sure!

I bought the new Baroness and Steve Harris albums the other day but haven't given them a whirl yet.

Converge make me want to shit out my ears.

Have given the new Baroness some time in my car or late though, and it is sounding very nice indeed.

Am now looking forward to getting my hands on new Katatonia (local JB haven't had it in, and I cbf ordering it online yet), new Muse, and new Cradle Of Filth.

I tried to get into Muse years ago, just cannot do it.

I got the new Devin Townsend Project. Good album, I love his current fascination with using Anneke on vocals with him, her voice is comforting I think. But geez I would love him to fall in love with making heavy mental again.

Also, just listened to the Converge/Napalm Death split.

It's only 4 songs, but one of them is Converge covering Entombed with a bunch of guest vocalists, which is pretty nifty and a slower song which is a bit more layered than what ND normally do. I'm not sure if they decided to try and match Converge at their own game or not. It's interesting none the less.