Good albums for 2012 so far?

New Depeche Mode song is killer. Sounds like a cross between their last album Sounds of the Universe and Songs of Faith and Devotion. I can't wait for their new album, could possibly be my album of the year, though there is no release date yet. I will be seeing them twice in Germany and Belgium next year. Fuck yeah.

New albums from Black Country Communion, Kamelot and Cradle of Filth are all gold.
Looks hopeful that there'll be another Virgil Donati solo album out by year's end too. Great way to wrap up 2012.

Geoff Tate.
Kings & Thieves.

WTF?

I'm not the 'typical' Queensryche fan in that I think they peaked with "Promised Land", didn't mind of "Q2K" and "Tribe", and even enjoyed most of Geoff Tate's first solo album... but his latest effort is just pure turd. Kudos to the rest of Queensryche for getting rid of him if K&T is in any way indicative of his role in the band's nosedive.

New Muse is a total fail :(
Bought this today (along with some other stuff, 20% off at JB this weekend) and am halfway through my first listen...pretty different but definitely not fail IMO. Digging it.

Also picked up new Cradle of Filth which I am hanging out to listen to. Was planning on Getting latest Katatonia as well, but my terrible local JB didn't have ANY Katatonia at all. :(

started listening to Devin Townsend's latest Epicloud last night.

Very impressed.
shits upon all his other recent DT Project stuff.
Experimental, silly but sweet and cool. Music for music lovers it seems.

Has anyone picked up the new Soilwork double album called The Living Infinite? It is just full of awesome!!!

I seem to prefer the albums Peter Wichers was involved in but this cd blew me away. I can't see anyone that is a fan of the band being disappointed by it.

Rating = :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang: out of 5

Interesting, was on my to get list but not a high priority... might have to bump it up a little. They are touring towards the end of the year, yeah?