Anthrax is BACK, Dan Spitz returning

Nicko Mcbrain, Dave Ellefson and Dan Spitz are pretty darn close. Who is playing this California show? LOLOL

Iron Maiden does NOT NEED Anthrax playing with them. Something is up. Things have been awfully quiet. Something big is happening behind the scenes.
Actually, they do. The shows in July when Anthrax is opening for Maiden in Bucharest, Istanbul, and Zagreb, Maiden offered Anthrax the slots to open and could not announce these gigs until Anthrax accepted - this is 100% fact. Unlike the rest of Maiden's European tour when openers were announced months after the gigs themselves. Granted, that's a little bit different story than the Battle Of San Bernardino, but sweeping statements like that are how bad rumors start.

The Battle Of San Bernardino is just Maiden putting together a killer lineup for a festival gig at a massive venue - nothing more or less. Dan isn't coming back, period. Everyone in the band has said that, and Scott said at one of his spoken shows last week that Jon was the new guy. Not a temp or sub, the new guy.

I'm not impressed. His singing is OK but I don't care for the music. He should have stuck with Blackgates if you ask me.

Pretty much. His new music is more of a soft rock/Audioslave type music. Guess he isnt into playing metal anymore. No one knew who he was before Anthrax and no one will care after. He will be remembered as "that guy who was hired by Anthrax" instead of a known singer who joined the band.

He will be remembered as "that guy who was hired by Anthrax" instead of a known singer who joined the band.

no, he will be remembered as the unknown guy who shat on Frank Bello's back.

sorry i can't help it but i always have to think about this shit when it comes to Nelson. i wonder what this guy does for a living.

Scott Ian talks so much shit. Jon the new guy in no way means he's an official member and he is leaving his other band. Joey back on vocals, nothing will sound the same without Dan Spitz's chemistry. They should have just released it with Dan Nelson or tossed it in the trash without Joey singing on it.

Scott Ian talks so much shit. Jon the new guy in no way means he's an official member and he is leaving his other band. Joey back on vocals, nothing will sound the same without Dan Spitz's chemistry. They should have just released it with Dan Nelson or tossed it in the trash without Joey singing on it.

Lol are you serious? Joey coming back and saving this band is the best thing that could have happened to anyone.

I'm not disagreeing about that. I'm just saying Worship Music is not Joey's style if he were there when it was written. It would be a lot different

Where does it say Jon being in Anthrax means he's leaving Shadows Fall?

Oh, that's right, nowhere.

I asked Scott directly last week and he seemed to be amused by the thought of Dan coming back. I don't think Dan is missed.
He was verry keen to sing Jons praises!

I asked Scott directly last week and he seemed to be amused by the thought of Dan coming back. I don't think Dan is missed.
He was verry keen to sing Jons praises!

Bringing back Dan would make way too much common sense for the moronic Anthrax camp aka Scott and Charlie to recognize. They know they would have to pay him his share. They tried to hire Dan Nelson to save a buck and look how that turned out. They finally paid Joey and it paid off.

They must bring in Spitz for the next album if they want to get the hype they want for it. He is the ONLY guitarist that will be able to come in and help them sell more albums and draw bigger crowds

Bringing back Dan would make way too much common sense for the moronic Anthrax camp aka Scott and Charlie to recognize. They know they would have to pay him his share. They tried to hire Dan Nelson to save a buck and look how that turned out. They finally paid Joey and it paid off.

They must bring in Spitz for the next album if they want to get the hype they want for it. He is the ONLY guitarist that will be able to come in and help them sell more albums and draw bigger crowds

I agree. Im sure Jon is great but there have been so many line up changes that it's Dan or bust for me. I can't see Jon leaving Shadows??
The next album will sell bucket loads if Dan is back and following the success of WM!

The only reason Dan fell apart and left was because Joey was gone. Think about it, it makes too much sense. Give it some time.

John Bush era was great, but Joey is back and now its time for Dan to return also.

The next album will sell bucket loads if Dan is back and following the success of WM!

I honestly don't think that in this day and age that they can top the sales of WM no matter what happens. Not that it wasn't well deserved, but I think they kind of lucked out in terms of sales this time around. Also, by having Jon in the band it's an opportunity to appeal to a fanbase that may have not paid attention, previously.

I'll be the one laughing when Dan is back and said told ya so.

TheStupidIsStrongWithThisOne.jpg

I dont think the show will sell out. There is tons of space on the lawn. It's going to be fun watching all the fires being started.

Few years ago at Ozzfest, they had a train of security guards putting out a fire and another would pop up. The put out the fire and was a constant cycle

I dont think the show will sell out. There is tons of space on the lawn. It's going to be fun watching all the fires being started.

Few years ago at Ozzfest, they had a train of security guards putting out a fire and another would pop up. The put out the fire and was a constant cycle

Yep happens every year. Last year at mayhem fest they didnt even bother to put the fires out. Mayhem fest coming here to that venue in 3 weeks. :kickass: