Anthrax Lovers/Punk Lovers??????

dutchy

Apr 2, 2002
Stadskanaal, Holland
Visit site
I'm glad to see that so many of you listen to a lot of differtent tunes.
I wonder what age you are.
I'm aged 29 and started listening to Anthrax when I was 15, 1st show was with Suicidal Tendecies in 1988.
Favourite band at that time were, Death Angel, Exodus, Sacred Reich , Slayer, Mordred, Pantera to name a few, after th E....and justice for al album everyone was writing 6 minute , or even longer songs and I got bored, picked up my 1st Ice Cube cd and I was hooked, House of Pain, The Goats, Funkdoobiest and Cypress followed. After seeing NOFX live , Punk got me by the balls, MxPx, Rancid, Bosstones, NerFherder .......this is the Shit, same vibes now when listening to Act 3(Death Angel) or Lets face it(Bosstones).
I NEED MELODY , AND CD'S NO LONGER THEN 45 MINUTES

nUFF sAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED A NEW ANTHRAX ALBUM NOW!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a new fan, I got into Anthrax when they tured with Judas Priest last year. I'm 18, and I mostly just like metal. I love ...and Justice for All (sorry you didn't like it). I also enjoy Megadeth, Ozzy, Black Label Society, Rob Zombie, Motorhead, and AC/DC are some of my favorites. I prefer long songs (5-10 minutes) and I think all albums should be at least 50 nminutes long.

Dude, this is SWEET.....I'm a huge ANTHRAX fan, but I also got into The Goats, House of Pain, and NOFX.......It's cool to see others people into the same sh!t as me......................I'll just close by saying F()CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was into punk first (I'm talkin' mid-eighties here) and discovered Anthrax when one of my skate buddies told me they did songs about comic books and Stephen King.
Does anybody like Me First and The Gimee Gimees?

j

I was into a little bit of punk. Who doesn't like the Ramones?? I also got into the Misfits (I loved that coffin box) the Dead Kennedys, Husker Du, Bad Religion, but that was pretty much the extent of my punk listening. I have went to several warped tours, but never went gung ho over any of it.

@Jeffasin: Old school punkhead here myself...not only have I heard of Me First..., but I've hung out and partied down w/ Joey Cape & Fat Mike after a Me First...show! Joey Cape is one of the coolest muthas around and shame on you if you're not also listening to his band (Lagwagon).

To me, punk & metal always went hand-in-hand. Punk provided the short bursts of energy; metal fed the mind. Cheers & hail all!

The first gimme gimme's album was great (i've got all the 7"'s too)but after that it was a joke stetched to far , LAGWAGON rule but need to get a new album out soon it's been to long. I love ton's of punk/hardcore/ska/emo hers a list of a few bands i love :
BANE,THURSDAY,LESS THAN JAKE,THRICE,SAMIAM,IN MY EYES, FACE TO FACE,KID DYNAMITE ,SAVES THE DAY ,FARSIDE,SPEAK 714,TEXAS IS THE REASON ,MU330,QUICKSAND,STRUNG OUT,CATCH 22,THE MOVIELIFE,BAD BRAINS ,THE GET UP KIDS and the list goes on . Oh yeah and ANTHRAX RULE !!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard the Gimmes are back in the studio for another all cover version attack!!!!!!!!love every single cover version they did. maybe the can do a metal cover album , let them cover "I am the law"
check out the new Goldfinger/Bosstones & New Found Glory!!!

what would you expect when hummin somewhere over the rainbow, I hooked a lot of people up to the Gimmes, everybody loves fast cover tunes, and they weren't even into Metal or Punk, just the average Top 40 shit, so my job as an ambassador is done, Where's my MONEY!!!!!!!!

Have you noticed that Neil Diamond is Jewish, yet he did a bunch of Christma$ $ong$?
Hmmm...:confused:

Nothing against Neil Diamond, I just found it amusing.:D

Got to put my plugs in for 7 Seconds and Bad Brains. Guys in my fraternity house would despise me when I would be jammin "I Against I" at 4 o'clock in the morning and drunk as Cooter Brown!!!

Don't fuck with my volume.......I don't care what time it is!

Originally posted by dutchy
Are you refering to the Dutch punk band I against I???
They have 2 albums out on Epitaph

I Against I fucking shreds! Awesome Bad Religion-clone band ;), which makes sense, considering that Mr.Brett "discovered" them and immediately signed them to Epitaph, but yeah, they rock!

you better believe it punk!!!!
alway's nice to see how good music finds its way to people all over the world, if you can find it try BEYOND 93, they have an album out on Columbia, another Dutch treat!!!!!