Anthrax Lovers/Punk Lovers??????

Originally posted by dutchy
you better believe it punk!!!!

This is the one case where this is not an insult :D, thanks!

alway's nice to see how good music finds its way to people all over the world, if you can find it try BEYOND 93, they have an album out on Columbia, another Dutch treat!!!!!

It took me the better part of 1 1/2 years to find the debut from I Against I, and that was after pestering the local punk shoppe every Saturday!

Dutchy, have you checked out any of the recent crop of Southern Cali punk bands that are clearly influenced by Bad Religion? It's my favorite 'region' for punk music to come from...

Markgugs
Love all that shit, Pennywise one of my favourites
The new No Use For a Name is is one of the best punk cd's I own at this moment, also love the latest Bouncing Souls.
Last BR album rules !!!!!
I've ordered the new Bosstones/Goldfinger and New Found Glory CD's.

Do you have some new interesting band I should check out??

@dutchy (and anyone else who's interested):

You probably already know most if not all of these bands, but here's who I'm listening to these days:

Good Riddance
Anti-Flag
H2O - the BEST damn punk band on the planet
Face to Face
Lagwagon
No Use For A Name
Strung Out
Less Than Jake
Limp
Pennywise
Bad Religion
Dag Nasty - old school rawks!
AFI
The Movielife
Mighty Mighty Bosstones
I Against I
Rancid
NOFX
Bouncing Souls
Zero Down

...erm, I think that's it. Actually, I'm sure I'm missing some folk here, but this'll do for now! Cheers!

Markgugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you stole my cd collection???
Ónly Movielife, Limp, Zero Down . Dag NAsty are missing in my collection.
I agree with you on H2O, but the latest was a bit dissapointing.
More H2O at the end of this year.

What about Goldfinger/MxPx/Nerfherder/Bosstones/New Found Glory/Sick of it All/Lagwagon/SNUFF...punk!!!!

Originally posted by dutchy
Markgugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you stole my cd collection???
Ónly Movielife, Limp, Zero Down . Dag NAsty are missing in my collection.
I agree with you on H2O, but the latest was a bit dissapointing.
More H2O at the end of this year.

Really? I loved it, and "Memory Lane" has this year become my favorite alltime punk anthem (that's saying a lot, believe me). Plus, the 'hidden' cover of Madonna's "Like A Prayer" is fucking superb. H2O will always be like brothers to me; I discovered them back in '95 when NO ONE knew who the fuck they were, we've hung with them at so many shows, and they're local NYC boys. I always have and always will support NYHC!

What about Goldfinger/MxPx/Nerfherder/Bosstones/New Found Glory/Sick of it All/Lagwagon/SNUFF...punk!!!!

You already covered the Lagwagon/Bosstones thingie...Goldfinger was at one point a band I really liked, but I've moved on. They haven't. MxPx, shit, forgot them (as well as Millencollin & No Fun At All - Swede Punk!). Nerfherder, tried 'em, I'll pass. New Found Glory, I'm really not a big fan of the new emo-we-want-to-be-as-popular-as-Blink-182-bands that are supersaturating the market right now. Sick Of It All I respect - it's law, you have to - but they're not my cup of tea. SNUFF is funny as shit, but I don't take them too seriously, except for that tune "Arsehole," which makes me break into uncontrollable fits of laughter every time I hear it.

Cheers!

I read in a dutch magazine that H2O moved out off NYC,can you confirm that.
Memory Lane is indeed one of the best songs on "GO"
But I prefered the sound on " FTTW", the song they did with Barret from the Bosstones rules!!!!!!!!
You also include some Swedish punk, No fun at All are the best, to bad they broke up.
That leaves only 2 topics to discuss. Rap and Chicks
To start with rap: House of Pain, The Goats , Ice Cube , Lordz of Brooklyn , Funkdoobiest are my favourites.
And for Chicks , any Playboy Bunny , Penthouse Pet works for me!!!!!

Having a Freddy
Cheers

Q. what is the best punk rock band?
I am a mid eighties girl, whom listen to heavy and Punk!
L7
romones
blondie(if you call her punk)
Hole(if you call them punk or heavy)
The CLash
and anyone else I might have missed.

The Clash are absolute punk, I think you can call them the Rancid of the 70's.
Blondie, started out punk and went pop
Hole is absolutely not punk , lets call it popgrunge
Ramones, godfathers of 2 minute punk , to bad they all die, Joey last year and DeeDee a couple week ago(stay out drugs!!!!!!)
L7 grunge with some punk.
I don't have 1 favourite punkband, but the most I listen to MxPx, No Use for a Name, Bad Religion, Bosstones too name a few.
The list is endless.
If you want to explore the world of punk try the samplers "PunkORama" from the Epitaph label and "Survival of the Fattest"from Fat Wrechords, they come very cheap and they give you like 20 bands and pick the bands you like
Good Luck
PunkRock Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Witch

@Moonwitch: dutchy's correct. If you read through our entire thread conversation, you'll see my list of bands. These are the bands I consider ESSENTIAL in today's punk rock world.

And if money's an issue (it always is), dutchy's recommendation to begin with punk rock record label 'samplers' is an excellent one. The Fat Wreck ('Fat Music For Fat People') & Epitaph ('Punk-o-Rama') samplers are always top notch, and never fail to turn me on to new bands. Also check anything by Lookout Records, Nitro Records, Hopeless Records and more.

Let us know what you think, and if you're having trouble finding stuff, I might be able to dig up some URLs for ya. Later.

Thanks guys for the information, need music!
will check it out, wrote some of your info down and will relay to some of the stores down here and see if they have any.

This one is real simple for me. Like all types of music , THrax, Blood for Blood, Red alert, Slayer, Bach, P.E so on and so fourth. It is human nature to label shit so I simplified the way I catogorize things. Music ior me either fall is into my cool book and I buy it. If it sucks I use rhe cd as a beer coaster after wiping my ass with it.