OT - Exclusive interview with Anthrax forum member

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
Vomit

Let there be Blatz!

1. How did you originally find this messageboard and what are your earliest memories posting here? Well it was in 98 when I first came across Thrax on the web. Remember Ignition Records? No? Me either....Thrax was with them for about 2 days. The site worked for I think 3 days before they folded.

2. When was this place at it's best? It's worst? Best was probably right around the release of WCFYA. Worst, was the ATL reunion.

3. What the hell is Blatz?! Blatz is America's FINEST premium beer, since 1851. All who enjoy bottled beer should thank Blatz as he was the 1st to be wise enough to put the blessed pleasure elixir in this container. I visited Blatz grave in '03 right before Anthrax/Motorhead show! A great day! Met Scott Ian before the show as well.

4. If you were in charge of Anthrax, what would be your next move with the current line-up? Hmmm. Release something, before it's TOO late (and it may be).

5. Can you tell us something about yourself? (Home, job, hobbies,...) Married, 2 kids, thinking about going back to school to get my PhD.

6. What do your future plans include? Getting a better job and/or returning to school. Buy a camp. Continue homebrewing til I no longer have to buy store beer.

7. If you could no longer listen to metal, what would be your next best music of choice? Tough one. I love the Doors, so I guess it would have to be classic rock.

8. After all the drama that's been going on recent years are you still able to enjoy Anthrax's music? Sure. You all know I am a Bush partisan, but I still listen to the Joey stuff occassionally.

9. If you could go 'trading places' with a famous person (musician, actort, whatever) who would you choose? Well, if Shemp wasn't dead, that would be my #1 choice.

WORD ASSOCIATION:

Black Thirteen
-Scott Ian.

Brentney Spears-Former Anthrax website guru.

scottishthrax-If it's no Scottish, it's CRAP!

Mikey Bong-Who doesn't enjoy a Bong.

mrthrax-Knowledgable fellow.

eighteeschick-Hot...whatever happened to BratPrincess?

thraxx-Another long time Poster.

DarrellDethSDMF-Cool name.

ironmaidenfan09-Loves Maiden & Joey.

JohnnieCzech-Coolest MF'er on this board....and when I get to central Europa, I am gonna hook up with him for a beer.

Trashard-Loves the Thrash.

Mr.Wu-Scott again.

danaholica-Cool person.

Buzzard-Billy Milano...full of some hot air, but usually spot on with his observations!

Deege-Bring Back BUSH!

Matt Bello-Frank's bro? Another Bush Partisan.

DumbAss-Great name; I think he's from Michigan too.

Antwax-Another good guy. Loves Bush (who doesn't)

sufferer-Suffer the children.

whitey131-White flower?

spacebeer-Thrash man!

6er-Glad he's gone....pain in the nutz.

James Bond-Sean Connery

The Boss-My wife.

Hamburgers-Ummm delicious, if done right.

Gym-Don't go enough.

MOD-Love the 1st album and the EP.

Life-too short.

Cigarettes-Used to smoke, not anymore. Tough to be around...that STINK!

THIS OR THAT:

Whiskey or weed: Hmmm, both? Too bad weed isn't legal!

Milk or water-Water.

Going to the movies or home theater: Home.

Printer interviews or video interviews: Print.

Football or hockey-Football....go DALLAS!

Money or happiness: Both? OK, happiness.

Wife or girlfriend: MArried for 10 years.

Thanks for taking the time to do this interview! Any final words for your fellow Anthrax fans?
Keep the faith. They have given us much good music. Don't believe that they will be around too much longer. Seems it's not the bands priority anymore. For the Bella fans: See them now, I don't see it lasting. Cheers to you all!!!!