OT - Exclusive interview with Anthrax forum member timmyc

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
1. How did you wind up on the Anthrax messageboard?

That was so long ago I can't really remember. Just websurfing for my favourite band and stumbled here..... joined up straight away.

2. What are your favorite memories of posting here?

Around the release of WCFYA and the buzz of a lot of long time fans for its release. The banter about all these new Anthrax tunes. Good times.

3. Can you tell us something about your personal life? (home, work, hobbies,...)

Married with 2 beautiful kids Jack and Emily. 34 years old. Work as a HR Manager. Hobbies are music and sports, especially cricket and Aussie Rules football (go Hawks)

4. If you were Anthrax's manager, what would you make them do right now?

The obvious answer is release the bloody record. Stop taking baby steps and jump in the water head first, sharks and all. I'd also get everyone to focus.... forget all the side bands and projects for a while.

5. How's the local music scene in Australia? Is the next AC/DC on their way?

The metal scene here is pretty average at best but there's heaps of bands that are more rock & prog-rock that are just killer. Check out The Butterfly Effect, COG, Karnivool, Birds of Tokyo etc for some cool stuff. Oh, and I'm right into Parkway Drive right now as well, for you metalcore kids!!!!

6. What are some of your favorite non-metal bands?

I like a lot of stuff like Jeff Buckley, Marina and the Diamonds, Elton John, Skynard etc.

7. Apparently there's a new Michael Jackson album being released in december, what do you think about that?

I honestly couldn't give a rat's fat.

8. If you could be a famous person, living or dead, for one day, who would you choose?

I have absolutely no idea here. My dream would be to play a huge metal gig in front of a massive crowd, so lets just go with James Hetfield for the sake of it.

9. What are some your favorite personal memories of Anthrax?

1990 - my first concert as a 13yo - POT tour. Amazing.

Watching NFV all through my teens cranked through mum & dad's shitty TV. I'm sure I fucked the speakers more than once and denied it!!

2004 - MOMD tour.

2010 - seeing John Bush's 2nd last show on Soundwave festival.

WORD ASSOCIATION:

Brentney Spears
- web guy, done a lot for the band

scottishthrax - cool poster

MikeyBong - haven't seen him about lately

sufferer - always felt sorry for the guy - is he in pain? Cool poster.

eighteeschick - who? Rings a bell...

BratPrincess - long time no see....

thraxx - see BratPrincess

DarrellDethSDMF - I always seem to have similar views to you mate!

ironmaidenfan09 - zzz zz zz

JohnnieCzech - very cool poster....thought he'd gone forever when Bush left

Trashard - seems to be getting angry lately.... chill brother

danaholica - always loved this guys board name

Deege - cool guy, misses John B

Matt Bello - Frankie who?

DumbAss - cool poster

Antwax - cool poster - dropped off with Bush?

vomit - have a Blatz

whitey131 - cool poster

anthraxgod - MIA

spacebeer - cool poster

6er - thank God.

BlackThirteen - playing poker while tweeting on Facebook and strumming out Rock Child Caught in a Situation Here

Mosh pit - fond memories....now I'm more a stand at the back sipping a beer guy

Rockumentaries - Anvil was cool

Restaurants - when an absence of kids permits

Calvin & Hobbes - never read it

Life - and 18?

Booze - Coopers Beer

THIS OR THAT:

Cats or dogs
: cats
Budokan or Brixton: Brixton

Elvis or Chuck Berry: neither

Food or drink: food

Funny Anthrax or Serious Anthrax: for 2010 - serious, funny had its place in the 80s but not now

Cocky or shy: cocky

Jeans or shorts: shorts

Money or happiness: happiness

Thank you for taking the time to do this interview! Any final words for your fellow Anthrax fans?

It's all Anthrax, whoever is singing.

Soundwave, how I wish I had fucking been there. But it's on the other side of the globe for me.

i couldve went to soundwave but i bought tiks to fnm headling show,couldnt justify spending up to c anthrax for a hour,im quite content as ive seen bushthrax about 5 times.

def be going to soundwave next year though they have aton of good bands i wanna see.

i couldve went to soundwave but i bought tiks to fnm headling show,couldnt justify spending up to c anthrax for a hour,im quite content as ive seen bushthrax about 5 times.

def be going to soundwave next year though they have aton of good bands i wanna see.

Saw FNM last year. Kicked ass.

Agreed. Soundwave was my first time seeing FNM (a dream I never thought would happen after they split). They were magic.

Can't wait for next year's Soundwave - Iron Maiden, Slayer, Slash, Dimmu Borgir, QOTSA + lotsa other goodies!

Agreed. Soundwave was my first time seeing FNM (a dream I never thought would happen after they split). They were magic.

Can't wait for next year's Soundwave - Iron Maiden, Slayer, Slash, Dimmu Borgir, QOTSA + lotsa other goodies!

Yeah next year's SW is going to be incredible. Add to your list Primus, Stone Sour, Kylesa, Devildriver, and yes I want to check out Avenged, it is a huge day. Sad part is that there'll be lots of cross-over with cool bands playing at the same time so some serious choices will have to be made, ha!