OT - Exclusive interview with Anthrax forum member EerieVon

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
I just copied the questions from someone
I was bored (sucks being married on a Friday night)

1. How did you find the ultimatemetal.com message board and the Anthrax Section?

I was searching for information about Andy Sneaps techniques and came across this site. Being that Anthrax were "the" band for me while growing up I had to check it out

2. What are your earliest memories posting here?

I thought it was awesome that people like Scott Ian and Billy Milano would chat with the fans. And it was nice to be able to talk with other metal heads

3. What made you a fan of metal music in the first place?

The aggression and attitude of the songs. When I was younger bands like Poison and Whitesnake were huge and the idea of guys in womens make up and playing songs about their cocks did nothing for me and the first time i heard Anthrax (Indians on Headbangers Ball) I was just blown away

4. Ever played in a band and dreamt to make it?

Of course, I would imagine most headbangers have. From the moment i picked up a guitar when I was like 12 I wanted to play on the stages of places like Donnington and Hammersmith Odeon

5. What would you change about Anthrax if you were Scott or Charlie?

I would change the sound that they have gone for after Joeys leaving/fired. They were known for their Marshall/Mesa heavy/chunky sound and they lost that along the way.

6. When was Anthrax at it's best in your opinion?

During POT, they evolved their sound into something that rivaled Metallica in terms of power and being intricate. Also Joeys vocals were darker and more powerful

It's worst?.

The whole post SOWN era, not saying its bad music but they were trying to copy Pantera in my opinion--Scott even going as far as using Dime's equipment and his beard

7. Tell us something about your home life (work, school, hobbies, etc...)
I'm 35, work as a systems administrator for a temp service. Am married to a truly wonderful (and tolerant) wife and have a awesome headbanging 8 year old. I play guitar, am a amateur audio engineer, and love the Boston Red Sox

8. Joey Belladonna is the new Anthrax singer, what are your thoughts about that?
Love that he's back. Hope he can inject some life into Anthrax

9. If you had a chance to play in Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth or Metallica, which one would you choose?

Metallica because I would become wealthy, but for the pure enjoyment of the music I would choose Anthrax

10. What is your greatest personal memory of Anthrax?

Seeing them on the original Clash of the titans show. great show at the pinnacle of their careers. Also being at Joeys first solo show in Liverpool NY and because of a tour bus problem getting a chance to hang with him and become friends (I had his drum riser in my apartment for like 3 months)

WORD ASSOCIATION:

Black Thirteen
- coward, couldn't take the fans criticism

DumbAss - good poster

Deege - good poster

Trashard - good poster, has some great opinions, sometimes goes overboard

DarrellDethSDMF - good poster

JohnnieChechz - hates classic Anthrax line up, good poster though

Matt Bello - good poster

Antwax - good poster

Anthrax_Mosher - cool guy

sufferer - cool guy

gerardomosh - good poster

emtfhII - good poster

Whiplash402 - good poster

ironmaidenfan09 - great poster...Up the irons

whitey131 - good poster

KY_Fried442 - good poster

spacebeer - good poster

6er - works for anthrax some how, would like to know how

Chuck Billy -good vocalist, hated the attempt at death metal though

Al Bundy - I'm slowly becoming him

Haggis - tastes good IF you can get past what it is

Mel Gibson - awesome actor and makes great movies--FREEEEEEEDOOOOOMMMMM

MILF - love em very much

THIS OR THAT:

Scotch or Bourbon: None of the above. Whiskey or Jager for me

Homer or Bart: Lisa

Nelson or Belladonna: Joey by a mile

Text or call: text

Married With Children or Friends: what straight male enjoys Friends?

Debate or Friendly discussion: debate

Meat or Fish: meat

Jackson or BC Rich: Jackson

Blonds or Brunettes: Italian Brunettes

Star Trek or Star Wars: Star Wars--lets see Mr Spock try that Vulcan shit on my man Vader

Metal or Rock: metal

Thanks for taking the time to answer! Any final words you would like to leave fellow Anthrax fans?

They may not get the recognition that the others like the other memebers of the Big 4 get but they were unique and in someways were better than the others

Nicely done. Just to let you know though, bourbon and scotch are both whiskey. :kickass:

It's a common misconception that the term "whiskey" refers to one certain taste or brand and that Bourbon and Scotch are a liquor all their own. Not so. Whiskey is a common type of liquor. It is produced and bottled all over the world, each country in its own way. Bourbon is America's version of whiskey...Scotch is Scotland's...and Candadian is...well...you get the idea. But, make no mistake...they are all whiskies. There are five major categories of whiskey for sale: Bourbon, American Blended, Scotch, Irish, and Canadian.

There are taste differences between the major whiskies, of course. The main distinction in the taste of Scotch is its smoky peat flavor. It can easily be called an acquired taste, but those that acquire it...crave it. Irish, similarly, has a barley-malt whiskey taste without the smokiness. Scotch and Irish are, mostly, lighter whiskies than the American bourbons and blends. They are usually aged in old, previously used barrels and require a bit more time to reach maturation. Single malt scotches, typically, range from 10 to 30 years aging.

Bourbon, on the other hand, owes much of its taste to the rye and corn grains used. Bourbon is also considered a "fuller bodied" whiskey than Scotch or Irish and some say it does have a bit more of a "sweet" taste on the palate (and by that I do not mean sugary). In the production of bourbon, only new, charred oak barrels are used in the aging process, which enables bourbon to reach maturity quicker than Scotch. Regardless, when dealing with whiskies, age is a fair gauge on how smooth the whiskey will be. The longer in the barrel, the more "complete" that whiskey will be.

Whiskey is a common type of liquor. It is produced and bottled all over the world, each country in its own way. Bourbon is America's version of whiskey...Scotch is Scotland's...and Candadian is...
Where is Candadia? Is that where those facial monoliths were found?

perhaps hate is a strong word, more like outgrown??

Outgrown is a great word instead of hate. Most of us became fans with original lineup. Some would stay that way forever if they could, some as myself would expand and grow, even if its traveling a road full of ups and downs instead of a straight path.