OT - Exclusive interview with Anthrax forum member scottishthrax

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
Here's a great interview with one of my favorite people on this board!:kickass:

1. How did you find the ultimatemetal.com message board and the Anthrax Section? I think it was by checking out Anthrax once I go on this internet thing.

2. What are your earliest memories posting here? I thought it was great to see other people's opinion's on my favourite metal band> however it has get pretty boring since the ATL line up reunion with the whole Joey / John debate.

3. What made you a fan of metal music in the first place? In the early '80's (I'm 42) i was into The Who and The Jam, and one day a school buddy gave me Denim & Leather by Saxon and Back in Black. That was me hooked on metal, and thereafter I got into Def Leppard, Motley Crue etc, and eventually Anthrax, Megadeth etc.

I like all sorts of music, I love The B-52's, Blur, Brian Setzer, but metal is my favourite genre. I got into Living Colour after seeing then support Anthrax on SOE tour. I recently bought an album called Crazy For You by Best Coast, it great summer music.

4. Ever played in a band and dreamt to make it? No

5. What would you change about Anthrax if you were Scott or Charlie? Accept that, in balance, Joey is probably a bigger draw than Bushthrax, however don't spit the dummy out and ignore all of the great Bush material that Joey could do justice to. If I was Scott I'd also stop slagging off band members who are currently no longer in the "Anthrax family", as you never know when you will need them to bail yourar$$$e out in the future! He has been very guilty of that over the years.

6. When was Anthrax at it's best in your opinion? POT and SOWN

It's worst? The whole Dan Nelson debacle is just embarrasing.

7. Tell us something about your home life (work, school, hobbies, etc...): I'm a chartered surveyor, married with a 19th month old daughter. I support Motherwell and Tottenham Hotspur (soccer clubs for you Yanks) and I love the Tour De France. I think Lance is guilty as hell when it comes to doping.

8. Joey Belladonna is the new Anthrax singer, what are your thoughts about that? Very happy!

9. If you had a chance to play in Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth or Metallica, which one would you choose?

Metallica for the cash, Anthrax coz they are the best.

10. What is your greatest personal memory of Anthrax? I saw them open for Maiden supporting POT in Edinburgh, it was amazing (the spinning clock, opening with Time, playing Keep it in the Family). Also the first WCFYA show in Glasgow at the Barra's, they dropped Got The Time and played Black Dahlia, amazing. I met them after the second Glasgow reunion show (the CDC stuff), I remember Joey being super happy and Danny wearing a diamond encrusted Star of David round his neck which looked mega expensive.

WORD ASSOCIATION:

Black Thirteen
- posted missing

DumbAss - not the best name.

Deege - cool guy

Trashard - cool guy

DarrellDethSDMF - cool guy!!

JohnnieChechz - reunion basher

Matt Bello - as before, he has been a round for ever.

Antwax - cool guy

Anthrax_Mosher - cool guy

sufferer - cool guy

gerardomosh - caught in...

emtfhII - ??

Whiplash402 - ??

ironmaidenfan09 - Joey worshipper

eighteeschick - think she claimed to see the band at L'Amour in NY when Spreading was released. A legend if that is true!!

Vomit - I have a phobia of being sick

whitey131 - cool guy

KY_Fried442 - cool guy

spacebeer - Blatz guy?

6er - i thought this was Spitz for a while!

Mosh pit - I'm 42!

Chuck Billy - don't know their music well enough

Al Bundy - Father of the Christina Applegate character, she is still beautifull!

Haggis - fantastic, you should try it.

Groundskeeper Willie - WTF??

Mel Gibson - jew hater

MILF - god's gift to man!

THIS OR THAT:

Scotch or Bourbon:
Scotch of course. I also love Brooklyn Lager, superb. You can get it in some shops / bars in Glasgow.

Homer or Bart: None, Tom & Jerry.

Nelson or Belladonna: Joey

Text or call: text

Married With Children or Friends: answer above

Debate or Friendly discussion: discussion

Meat or Fish: meat

Metal or Rock: metal

Thanks for taking the time to answer! Any final words you would like to leave fellow Anthrax fans?
No matter what you think of Joey, if it was not for him there would currently be no Anthrax!

ironmaidenfan09 - Joey worshipper

Definitely not a Joey worshiper. Outside of Anthrax I have never even heard his solo stuff. Just think his era of Anthrax is far superior to the Bush era and am glad as hell he is back in the band and there is a chance they may return to their Thrash roots. I do though think Joey's voice is the voice of Anthrax and will always be

10. What is your greatest personal memory of Anthrax? I saw them open for Maiden supporting POT in Edinburgh, it was amazing (the spinning clock, opening with Time, playing Keep it in the Family).
I caught them on that tour also. Amazing show. More people there to see Anthrax then Maiden believe it or not. My how times have changed.

I caught them on that tour also. Amazing show. More people there to see Anthrax then Maiden believe it or not. My how times have changed.

I was at that tour. They sold out Irvine Meadows 2 nights in a row. And did the Long Beach arena. Was magical when Anthrax came out with that clock and busted into Time. They definitely were at the top of their game back then. Tey then did the Public Enemy / Primus tour. They had an assload of momentum going into their next record but they changed their singer and over all sound. While SOWN is the best BUSH record it proved to start to be the ultimate demise of the band. The follow ups were horrible and it was proved when 300 people were showing up to the tiny clubs. Don't know why you mess with a proven formula on the top of your careers

HOpefully they turn shit around here soon!

Even then I have a hard time believing that But hey if thats what you saw then how can we debate that =)
Maiden just wasn't that popular around here during that time at all. Any one of the Big Four bands would have been a better draw then Maiden back then. I was pretty much the only Maiden fan I knew of back in high school, same with Priest.
The greater Cincinnati area is a very strange and backwards place, always has been.

The follow ups were horrible and it was proved when 300 people were showing up to the tiny clubs.

300? wow! so many people? i saw them playing for 100 in '98:lol: nobody wanted to see the band because their then new record vol.8 was shit. nonetheless the show was really good, Thrax played many old songs and the crowd enjoyed the show, Franky was freaky as always and Scott seemed pissed, playing in shitholes was not what he expected from vol.8:lol:

Saw them on the Vol. 8 tour at Bogarts in Cincy. Actually a pretty decent crowd. Scott seemed shocked and kept commenting on how he couldn't believe how many showed up. :lol:
At least I think it was the Vol. 8 tour. I know Lacuna Coil opened.

Eh? Not at the Edinburgh gig. I was at it too and it was very heavily sided towards Maiden, although I was there to see both since I loved them both.

I can't believe Scottishthrax doesn't know who Groundskeeper Willie is. :zombie: