OT - Exclusive interview with Anthrax forum member KY_Fried442

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
Here we go! Thanks again to KY_Fried442 for being the first one to volunteer for this expirement! Enjoy!

1. How did you find the Anthrax forum and what are your earliest memories posting here?
I don't remember exactly as 2002 was a fairly long time ago but I'm sure I probably followed a link from Anthrax.com. As for my earliest memories? I don't know, it just used to be a MUCH more closely knit place. Not nearly as much debate and more like a bunch of friends hanging out. We used to actually talk about our lives and people actually cared and listened. Strange huh?

2. How long have you been a fan of Anthrax and what got you into them?
Since 87' I bought a bunch of tapes (probably stolen) from a friend of mine at school for $10. One of them was Spreading the Disease and the rest is history.

3. What are your goals for 2010?
To find another quality job after recently loosing mine after 12 years. Other then that? nothing worth mentioning comes to mind.

4. Which would you prefer at the moment: A new Anthrax album or a tour?
New album hands down. I'll catch them on our regardless, plus I'm very much looking forward to seeing what they can come up with with Joey fronting after all these years.

5. What is your greatest personal memory of Anthrax?
Probably seeing them play in a shitty little club called Annie's back during the Stomp 442 tour and getting to hang with them for a bit afterwards. I didn't like seeing my favorite band reduced to playing such a small club but they completely blew the roof of the place and not a single person came out of there disappointed.

6. Were you pleased with the band's decision to rehire Joey instead of trying to convince John to return full time?
Yes. After seeing him with The Big Four he's definitely still got it and I'm really looking forward to see how it all works out.

7. Is the never ending Joey vs John thing worth it?
NO.

8. Who, musician or someone else famous, would you want to go on "Trading Places" with?
Ted Nugent

9. Which band would you want to "go big" in 2011?
Anthrax

10. If the Big Four tour hits America, would you like to see them jamming more or should the Sofia jam remain as a special on-off thing?
Definitely they should. This is a once in a lifetime thing for everyone involved and they should make it a once in a lifetime experience. Most everyone who would see that show has seen all those bands on their own and they should go out of their way to make it special.

WORD ASSOCIATION:
if I don't say anything don't take it the wrong way

Deege - Bushthrax

JohnnieChechz - persistent

Trashard - he does

ironmaidenfan09 - stubborn

DarrellDethSDMF - real

Matt Bello - been here forever

Antwax - ?

Anthrax_Mosher - Beavis

sufferer - :zombie:

gerardomosh - ?

emtfhII - ?

eighteeschick - tits

Vomit - blatz :puke:

whitey131 - realist

scottishthrax - haggis

DumbAss - name says it all

Whiplash402 - :Smokin:

spacebeer - :cool:

6er - :kickass:

BlackThirteen - absent

Devin Townsend - balding

Charlie Benante - musicianship

Axl Rose < Slash

Frank Bello - trooper

Bruce Springsteen - over rated

Chicken wings - beer

Beer - prefer bourbon

Duke Nukem - dated

Mosh pit - too old for

THIS OR THAT - the other

Dan Nelson or Joey Belladonna: -stupid question

Anthrax or SOD: -Anthrax

Dan Lilker or Frank Bello: -Bello

Too fat women or too skinny women (must choose!): - slightly too fat

Text or call: - usually text

Funny or serious Anthrax: - seriously funny

Myspace or facebook: - facebook I guess

Cocky or shy: - neither

Thanks for tanking the time to do this interview! Any final words you'd like to leave fellow Anthrax fans?
Don't shit where you eat!

It's worth noting that I had just gotten back from a bourbon tasting at which I definitely got my money's worth when I did this. I didn't do nearly as bad as I thought but some of the word association stuff came off pretty f'n stupid.
I still stand by my Springsteen comment though. :lol:

My best memory of Anthrax is the same as yours KY, I saw them on the Stomp tour as well in Tampa in a real shitty club with the Misfits. I had a backstage pass because I was in the fan club and I was SO nervous I thought about just leaving and not meeting them. But I did and they were all the nicest people ever, especially John---he had thrown his back out during the show and when I walked up to him he was hunched over in a chair in total agony. He looked up and saw me and immediately stood up to shake my hand, chatted with me for a while even in pain, nicest guy ever. Charlie Scott and Frank were all very nice too, I never saw Paul. Still got pictures good times! It was my 20th birthday too!

My best memory of Anthrax is the same as yours KY, I saw them on the Stomp tour as well in Tampa in a real shitty club with the Misfits. I had a backstage pass because I was in the fan club and I was SO nervous I thought about just leaving and not meeting them. But I did and they were all the nicest people ever, especially John---he had thrown his back out during the show and when I walked up to him he was hunched over in a chair in total agony. He looked up and saw me and immediately stood up to shake my hand, chatted with me for a while even in pain, nicest guy ever. Charlie Scott and Frank were all very nice too, I never saw Paul. Still got pictures good times! It was my 20th birthday too!
ha ha, the club I saw them at was so shitty i didn't even need backstage passes. I just walked right back there and nobody said shit to me. Wasn't sure what kind of reaction I would get but all the guys were extremely cool and never questioned my being there.