Anthrax = Mayhem Fest

So what type of merch did anthrax have?

I assume a Worship Music coverart shirt w/ dates on the back

That neon blue shirt looks awesome, even though I can't tell what's on the front or what it says on the back

edit: It's a Medusa shirt.

awesome

Saw Anthrax in Houston on the Mayhem date this past Wednesday. They opened the main stage promptly at 6pm and only played 5 songs. Since they went on so early, the venue hadn't quite filled up much but by halfway through their set they were playing to a pretty sizeable crowd. The setlist was this:

Worship
Caught in a Mosh
Fight Em Til You Cant
Antisocial
Indians
I am the Law

One thing I have to say is that despite playing early and doing such a short set, Anthrax fuckin brought it on stage. They had the most energy out of them, Motorhead, and Slayer. Scott Ian, as much as I think he's completely full of shit offstage, on stage the dude is as good as they come. It was definitely a bummer not seeing Charlie behind the kit, it's just not the same. But the band was high energy the whole time and I think that partly made up for the extremely short and predictable setlist.

It's not there fault it was short though, blame that venue & city laws in Houston.

Not that their normal Mayhem set is much longer.

Was at the Darien Lake not-Mayhem Fest yesterday. Anthrax opened the mainstage since it was just them, Motorhead, Slayer, and Slipknot. Anthrax did 6 songs (I was pretty taken aback by no Madhouse!), but easily the best band of the night. Joey wasn't too into the crowd; he kept telling people they needed to wake the fuck up and get out of their seats. Motorhead was okay, but a little lackluster compared to usual; probably my least favorite Motorhead show I've seen. Slayer was, well...Slayer. If you like it they sounded as good as ever, but they're really not my thing. Though, it was nice for them to have something on stage for a change, the inverted crosses looked pretty damn cool.

Went to see Mayhem fest in Saratoga Springs, the last 2 times i saw anthrax were headlining w. Lacuna Coil and God Forbid (i think) in '03 & opening for Dio. First time seeing Belladonna since Persistence tour. Got there just as As I Lay Dying came on. They were ok. I was a little concerned about the size crowd. But it filled up by the time Anthrax started. Scott and Frank really have amazing presence on stage. Scott had his new dio/dime jackson. Joey sounded great. He took a spill and fell off the stage during the first or second song but recovered nicely and sang from the side of the stage. Rob and Scott laughed their asses off while they were playing. The band played 6 songs. I'd prefer a better set list but I am the law, Got the Time and Fight Em were highlights to me. No devil you know - wish they played more new stuff. Still even anti social seemed inspired. the crowd loved the beginning sing song back and forth, "whow -oh. " Joey's voice was excellent. he gave NY lots of love and seemed really into promoting smoking up from the stage which was weird. Slayer were solid (seeing gary holt on stage made me both happy and sad) though there overall sound was low and muted. I thought Motorhead were good (much louder than Slayer) but the crowd was definitely there for Slayer and Slipknot. Didn't even know the set closer overkill. And Slipknot put on a great show. Can't say I love them but there's something about a bleeding clown hitting a keg w. a bat that makes me smile.

. Joey sounded great. He took a spill and fell off the stage during the first or second song but recovered nicely and sang from the side of the stage. Rob and Scott laughed their asses off while they were playing.

:Spin:..what an ANTHRAX show without a good 'gag'..:Spin: