Anthrax needs more exposure!!!!

crystlpalace

nocturnal creature
Sep 30, 2003
lurking in the darkness
I am sick of not hearing Anthrax on the radio in Rochester NY! I have tried sending requests but they always fall on def ears. Today I had finally had enough and let them have it with a long rant.:hotjump:But if I don't get some support, I am not going to be very credible, now am I? Please help me and request 'Safe Home' at http://www.951thenerve.com
oh, and guys...you have to click on the site and check out Wendy. She is on the air from after the Howerd Stern show until 3pm or so.
C'mon! Let's kick some serious ass!:D Everyone must be exposed to Anthrax!

That is not Wendy, that is the female terminator from T3. It was in maxim a couple of months ago.

I feel your pain my sister. I mean,this is the home of Iggy, Grand Funk, Nugent, Eminem,White Stripes, Kid Rock, MC5, and Motown for &%$#'s sake. Can't we have a little @#$%ing diversity on the radio!!! The local "rock" station plays more Freakin Billy Squier than you can shake an air sickness bag at. WTF??? I mean how much Creed is a fella supposeed to stomach...(rant rant rave rave....) o_O o_O ...(feeling light headed..might ..pass...owww ***) :zzz:

GroundXero3k said:
That is not Wendy, that is the female terminator from T3. It was in maxim a couple of months ago.
you mean that is not really Wendy? well damn, that is fake of her. at first I thought, 'with looks like that what is she doing at a radio station? she should be a model.' -- I wouldn't know, I don't read Maxim.:Smug: but I wouldn't mind having a body like hers.

MichiMikey said:
I feel your pain my sister. I mean,this is the home of Iggy, Grand Funk, Nugent, Eminem,White Stripes, Kid Rock, MC5, and Motown for &%$#'s sake. Can't we have a little @#$%ing diversity on the radio!!! The local "rock" station plays more Freakin Billy Squier than you can shake an air sickness bag at. WTF??? I mean how much Creed is a fella supposeed to stomach...(rant rant rave rave....) o_O o_O ...(feeling light headed..might ..pass...owww ***) :zzz:
hey man, Iggy and Grand Funk are cool w/me, most everyone is. my beef is when stations can't even share time w/Anthrax, there is obviously a conspiracy going on against them! I think its been going on since they started. hell, even since they were a 'big' metal band they didn't get much respect. yet they perservere through it all. that gets my respect. and what's more, have u ever met them in person Mikey? they are the nicest buch of guys. real sweet and down to earth. those djs at the nerve are probably laughing at me but I don't care. people have been laughing at me for being an Anthrax fan for years. well except all you folks on this board. I do not feel so alone anymore. keep voting and requesting everyone! we should be able to get every radio station in the US to play 'Safe Home' I will request at your station too.:loco:

crystlpalace said:
hey man, ... I do not feel so alone anymore. keep voting and requesting everyone! we should be able to get every radio station in the US to play 'Safe Home' I will request at your station too.:loco:

t\Thanks crystl, sorry for going on and on....just an emotional lad, I guess. I've been giving doug@wrif.com an earful for a while now and have yet to get a response. He can be an ass, when Kid Rock was up and coming he would play a club here and have 800 kids there throwing down. Podell would have some F%$#ing '80's hair band on after 8:pm and would be pissed the 800 kids were still there so he could showcase WASP and their 50 closest friends. His time has passed, he needs to find an oldies or classic station. Oh hell, there I go ranting again...... :erk:

MichiMikey said:
t\Thanks crystl, sorry for going on and on....just an emotional lad, I guess...] [His time has passed, he needs to find an oldies or classic station. Oh hell, there I go ranting again...... :erk:
that's ok, I'm the emmotional one whe rants all the time, you should know that by now...:Smug::wink: Doug can come over to 96WCMF, also in Rochester NY. We have 'Wease' on in the morning, but CMF is more of a classic rock station...they probably won't play anything by Thrax. but The Nerve just might if we pester them enough!:D we can tag team!:p

crystlpalace said:
I am sick of not hearing Anthrax on the radio in Rochester NY! I have tried sending requests but they always fall on def ears. Today I had finally had enough and let them have it with a long rant.:hotjump:But if I don't get some support, I am not going to be very credible, now am I? Please help me and request 'Safe Home' at http://www.951thenerve.com
oh, and guys...you have to click on the site and check out Wendy. She is on the air from after the Howerd Stern show until 3pm or so.
C'mon! Let's kick some serious ass!:D Everyone must be exposed to Anthrax!

It's the same thing here in Buffalo, NY. The rock station has never played SH to my knowledge at all. They haven't played any Anthrax to that I know of either. They used to be pretty big in upstate NY and they still draw some decent crowds but the expousure is just not there anymore. The radio station here never even promoted the show they played here last month. If I didn't frequent the NFWS I never would've known they were coming. I talked with a friend of mine that knows the program director at the local rock station and I told him about the Anthrax show and he said that he knew nothing about it and he was very sure that the radio didn't mention anything. This was about a week beofre the show.

Another problem is the lable and management doesn't shove it down the program director's throat to get the song played. That's how most stuff on the radio gets its play. There's probably a good ammount of radio stations that never even recieved the SH single. So that also will factor into why it doesn't get played. I've been an Anthrax fan since 1990, i've seen them at their height and to where they are today and honestly it doesn't bother me like it does some others that they don't get the exposure they used to. It usually happens with most bands over time anyway, there's very little we as fans can do about that. The main thing is that everyone here along myself enjoy their stuff. It doesn't matter to me if Anthrax's albums go gold anymore or only sell 100,000 copies I enjoy them to this day and that's what counts the most.

Rock On!

What with wendy tramp saying Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet band should die. Lets see her right a good song. BTW I got an email over to the program director and asked him to add Safe Home to their rotation. :D

kotzunder said:
well in the end who cares if most of ppl dont listen to them... we do and thats what count

Because they deserve it. And it would be nice if they could make enough to pay the bills so they will keep making more music.

really? i thought they were super rich like some other bands.....well thats "cool", i mean that makes them more "real" .....anyway i already voted (and bought my first cd of theirs)

Metal Maiden said:
Because they deserve it. And it would be nice if they could make enough to pay the bills so they will keep making more music.

Fuckin' A, Maiden!!! You tell 'em. :hotjump:

BTW, whoever said bad things about Seger can have a teabag from me :yell:

kotzunder said:
really? i thought they were super rich like some other bands.....well thats "cool", i mean that makes them more "real" .....anyway i already voted (and bought my first cd of theirs)
maybe there was a time when they had a "decent" amount of money (decent for high profile musicians such as themselves, anyway)...but with all the business disasters they've had to endure(label changes and such), it seems like they have to fight to keep afloat. I've always percieved it as 'getting the raw end of the deal'. I believe I read somewhere just recently...interview w/John Bush perhaps?...that they did the East Coast leg of the tour to cover expenses of getting down to Puerto Rico. (anyone, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) I still wonder if they play small venues these days because they want to 'get close to their fans' or if they really can't get anything bigger. hopefully, the former is true. I really can't believe that they wouldn't be able to play larger venues. Justin, do you have any answers to this question?