Anthrax needs more exposure!!!!

crystlpalace said:
maybe there was a time when they had a "decent" amount of money (decent for high profile musicians such as themselves, anyway)...but with all the business disasters they've had to endure(label changes and such), it seems like they have to fight to keep afloat. I've always percieved it as 'getting the raw end of the deal'. I believe I read somewhere just recently...interview w/John Bush perhaps?...that they did the East Coast leg of the tour to cover expenses of getting down to Puerto Rico. (anyone, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) I still wonder if they play small venues these days because they want to 'get close to their fans' or if they really can't get anything bigger. hopefully, the former is true. I really can't believe that they wouldn't be able to play larger venues. Justin, do you have any answers to this question?

Here is what John said about Puerto Rico:

MM: [Laughs] Excellent. Well, this tour’s just about over. I think you’ve got one more date in Puerto Rico, and then that’s it, right?

JB: Yeah, it was really just kind of a quick jaunt, about 3 weeks. In all honesty, it was a way to get to Puerto Rico. That show was confirmed, it’s a big gig, and we needed a way to get from New York to Puerto Rico. Taking nothing away from all the places we’ve played, of course, but we needed it to get down here. We’re flying out of Orlando, actually, to get to Puerto Rico. And it’s been – kinda grueling, quite honestly. We haven’t had that many days off. It’s been really fatiguing for everybody.

http://www.411mania.com/music/news/article.php?news_id=4452