Anthrax needs to hang them up

However, I have always felt that Anthrax has stuck to their own and never sold their soul, however when a band does this for so long, they often risk marginalizing themselves, which it seems they have.

Sincerely,

Anatoli Simyanovich

P.S. I am sorry guys, but I probably won't be coming back to this board anytime soon to post—as you may know, because this is my first time writing here. However, I will read your responses eventually (I don't know how long they keep them up in here)—no matter how brutal—and respectfully yield to the diehards in this forum.[/QUOTE]

:wave:

Perhaps the new Nsync album would be more to your tastes, or worse yet! The New AugDawg album:loco:

:tickled:

Actually, I appreciate your honesty, I don't understand it but yeah, you got some set of balls to post that review here!

Cheerz to freedom of speech!

AugDawg

I guess there's two points:

1. He doesn't like the album. That's fine, he's got his opinion. And this is a place to discuss Anthrax. We don't all have to agree which is their best album. Personally, I think WCFYA is the weakest of the four albums released with John, and I was disappointed after all the hype, but I don't think this is the "classic" album it was hyped to be. It's still a good album, and I'm still a huge fan of the band, so the fact that I don't agree with the people who say it's their best album ever shouldn't preclude me from posting here 4 billion more times. :D

2. On the other hand, it is extremely pretensious for someone who's never posted here before and openly admits he will never post here again, who also hasn't even BOUGHT the album, to come in here and suggest that the band should quit because he didn't like it. Maybe there should be a mandatory 10 day waiting period before posting :D

nafnikufesin said:
I guess there's two points:

1. He doesn't like the album. That's fine, he's got his opinion. And this is a place to discuss Anthrax. We don't all have to agree which is their best album. Personally, I think WCFYA is the weakest of the four albums released with John, and I was disappointed after all the hype, but I don't think this is the "classic" album it was hyped to be. It's still a good album, and I'm still a huge fan of the band, so the fact that I don't agree with the people who say it's their best album ever shouldn't preclude me from posting here 4 billion more times. :D

2. On the other hand, it is extremely pretensious for someone who's never posted here before and openly admits he will never post here again, who also hasn't even BOUGHT the album, to come in here and suggest that the band should quit because he didn't like it. Maybe there should be a mandatory 10 day waiting period before posting :D

Tru Dat! I'm finally getting my copy in alittle less than two hours, So I'll let you know my review!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I personally think the album rules. I haven't sat down and listened to it back to back with the other albums...because I listened to it 3 times in a row. It was a real good flow. I think SOWN is a little better for the John albums...but there ya go. THis one has some heavy shit on it ... had a day off and my wife was at work...popped that puppy in and cranked it...it shook the windows just fine...I will be in the player for a while...Rock On Thrax

madscotsman said:
I personally think the album rules. I haven't sat down and listened to it back to back with the other albums...because I listened to it 3 times in a row. It was a real good flow. I think SOWN is a little better for the John albums...but there ya go. THis one has some heavy shit on it ... had a day off and my wife was at work...popped that puppy in and cranked it...it shook the windows just fine...I will be in the player for a while...Rock On Thrax

Sweet!

Welcome to the board mang!

Cheerz!

AugDawg

I partially agree with NFF... WCFYA is a very good album and for what it's worth, I think it's their 2nd best album with John Bush - after SOWN. Now, these flamers that come here and go "I'll stick to listening Show no Mercy or Among the Living", they should learn that in life, as the years go by, people evolve - I mean, for Anthrax to re-create Among the Living would be a regression and quite impossible to do in addition to being completely dishonest to themselves and the place that they are right now ...

timmyc said:
Hey Zorzioule - Who the fuck are you, to tell everyone else reading this board what is right, when after all, your opinion is yours and mine is mine?

I respect your opinion man, but don't come on to this board and try to tell people what is this and what is that.

lol.gif

OK kids heres my fuckin review.
Track by track
Contact/ What doesnt die.... VERY COOL
SUPERHERO... O.K
Refuse to be denied... FUCKIN ROCKS
Safe Home .. COOL
Any Place but Here.... ALRIGHT
Nobody KNows Any Thing... COOL
Strap it on ... Bearable
Black Dahlia ..... FUCKIN ROCKS
Cadillac Rock Box.. GAYER THEN PAUL STANLEY
Taking he music back... Weak Cock Rock but at least it has Daltry
Think ABout an ENd.... O.K
WCFYA.. GOOD GROVE, I LIKE THIS ONE...
If you dont like it big fuckin deal. If you like it big fuckin deal, If you think the should call it a day, I say go see em live. After that if you say they should still call it a day,, Youre smokin bat shit & But hairs!!

Phxthrax - was that a laugh at me, or with me dude....I couldn't tell? :Smug:

Well, I found this ditty that was posted before my triumphant return to tha board....and my answer is as follows.

I don't agree w/ this fellow, but I think the band released a song aikin to what is happening on this thread, and it goes a little sumthin' like this....
''You can't censor my feelings. You can't censor my thoughts. Censorship's against everything that America stands for, you fuckin' whore - that's all you are."

Take his pile of turd opinion w/ a grain of salt.
Anyhow he's obviously full of himself (WITH MY BEST YALE SNOB VOICE) " as he writes like a rhodes scholar on the topic of ANTHRAX"

Goddamn, that was a novel of an opinion...it had like 17 volumes to read through.... :Spin:

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.
You don't have to agree with it. There's 100 bands I hate that other people love.

each to there own dude we all have different tastes,after the build up to volume 8 i was dissappointed,i wanted them to go to a sound that was similar to stomp and my wish came true on wcfya,i am still in shock at how fucking great this cd is,many bands that have been around for awhile fade and bring out bad albums for years to come but there latest cd to me is there best ever hands down,out of all the john bush cds this one has had the most spins,hell i am really starting to enjoy taking the music back!

MrThrax - great words dude, esp the last sentence!!

Its growing on me too, slowly, but !!! LOL

To each their own Abstract. I respect your opinion since you actually had more to say then "this album sucks" but I completely disagree with you. I happen to love every song on WCFYA except for "Safe Home" I can't stand that song and it's the only one on the album that I skip past. I just doesn't have that Anthrax vibe to it like the rest.