Anthrax news...

Evil C.

Jan 19, 2003
houston, tx
Visit site
All right guys, let me get your opinion on this bit of news. Im not digging it one bit. I know most of you dont like them, but I dont want my favorite band to seem like a joke with people thinking they are doing it only for the money, and the name recognition again. Which they probably are.

So...let me have it. I wanna hear what yall think?

Evil c.

Former ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna and his replacement, John Bush, will share vocal duties for the band's special 25-year anniversary concert at Holland's Dynamo Open Air festival on May 7 in Hellendoorn, it was announced earlier today. Also newly confirmed for the festival are OBITUARY, MASTERPLAN and MERCENARY. The billing for the event is now shaping up as follows:

ANTHRAX (feat. Joey Belladonna and John Bush)
OBITUARY
MASTERPLAN
MERCENARY
GOREFEST
JON OLIVA'S PAIN

ANTHRAX are said to be planning a series of concerts featuring Belladonna and Bush this summer, including an appearance at the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest. Sharon Osbourne is believed to have promised ANTHRAX a slot at this year's Ozzfest but only on the condition that they perform with the classic lineup that was responsible for some of the band's most successful albums.

Personally, while I dig John etc. (although I like him more with Armored Saint) I am a big fan of Belladonna era Anthrax. I thought they were more unique and inventive when they had that line-up going. I know Joey didn't write anything and I don't know what changed but back then they were amazing. I do like White Noise a lot but after that album Anthrax just lost me.

Interesting news. It's all about money though, as I remember the last time this fell through, there was a bit of shit talking goin on....

It would be cool to see them both, if they authentically get along on stage and it isn't obvious that it's all for show. But if ANTHRAX can't have Bush at all for the Ozzfest, then that is beyond gay and ANTHRAX should just shit on that idea.

in on the idea of Belladonna + Bush being an interesting concept, yeah sure let 'em go for it, it could be fun or suck, if it does, oh well

but saying no Bush at all is a horrible idea, thats what the band is now, fuck that

yeah, if Bush isn't involved, it is all for the money. If it is both belladonna and bush, then it really is something to celebrate. count me in on that. and while were at it, come on back, frankie. I personally think it would be cool if bush was singing belladonna songs, and belladonna of the headbangers ball was singing bush era tracks. just fair play, eh..

evil c.

I know you are a big Anthrax fan ... but to me they have been taking the Kiss approach in the last year. They are milking it all for a last hurah ... as I think they are all fresh out of new ideas and they know it.

First, that lame rerecording of the classics with Bush ... now bringing back Joey for this gig (and I bet on a more permanent basis after) :yuk:

It's all Gene Simmons School of thought. The new material is not working ... so they are milking the past. Anthrax was done after Sound of White Noise ... I am not sure why they insist to stick around.

Pyrus said:
My thoughts:

BRING BACK DANNY AND NEIL, GODDAMNIT!
Yes! :headbang: Give this man a gold star :kickass:

Personally I think having Joey up with John would be kinda cool. I like the Ozzfest idea as well, though that's more out of necessity than for shits & giggles.

Evil C. said:
yeah, if Bush isn't involved, it is all for the money. If it is both belladonna and bush, then it really is something to celebrate. count me in on that. and while were at it, come on back, frankie. I personally think it would be cool if bush was singing belladonna songs, and belladonna of the headbangers ball was singing bush era tracks. just fair play, eh..

evil c.
Fuck that, Frank needs to stay with Helmet, brilliant record they released this last year. Better than the last 4 Anthrax albums.

lurch70 said:
I know you are a big Anthrax fan ... but to me they have been taking the Kiss approach in the last year. They are milking it all for a last hurah ... as I think they are all fresh out of new ideas and they know it. Anthrax was done after Sound of White Noise ... I am not sure why they insist to stick around.
True, but I also think that Joey has been begging to get involved again...sure the last decade of Anthrax has been spotty (kindest word possible), but they haven't gone into total obscurity like he has since leaving them...

Demonspell said:
True, but I also think that Joey has been begging to get involved again...sure the last decade of Anthrax has been spotty (kindest word possible), but they haven't gone into total obscurity like he has since leaving them...
Of course Joey would like to be in the spotlight again ... no doubt.
Oh.. whatever ... I never really gave too much shit about them to begin with :loco:

Evil C. said:
I just dont want the band to become a joke band, and this could lead down that road, if not handled properly!

c
Sorry to say, but their latest attempts (record of old tunes with Bush and now this stunt) .. are definetelly feeble attempts to relieve their glory days and unfortunatelly becoming a parody of themselves.

Bring on the Anthrax "therapy" DVD :D