Some more rumours on OzzFest this year

I've been so bad about earplugs the last year or two, I need to start wearing them again. :erk: I even have a nice pair of Hearos so it's not like listening through a solid wall like those Orange Goin' Huntin' Plugs.

I lost mine yesterday , a fucker pushed me during a mellow song :bah: ; I did respond quite violently so it's ok

Ayeka said:
Ear plugs? :confused:

Yeah, it really pays off otherwise you'll do some permanent damage in the long run. If I go to a show now and forget my ear plugs, I'll be deaf for 2 days. I only just started wearing plugs as well (since around '01), otherwise I was going commando for years. :erk:

Ear health is seriously overlooked in the music community. It has nothing to do with being a wimp or any of that shit, it has to do with not going completely deaf at 35. For years now I always spot where the big speakers are in venues and keep my distance (I generally like to be toward the back anyhow, depending on the show of course). Some venues could wreck your hearing in just an hour or two if you're too close. Scary stuff.

Oh and jamming near a drummer for more than 45 minutes without earplugs is quite hazardous.

I'll never attend to a gig without earplugs again , as I went to see Biffy Clyro with a friend (no I don't listen to them ..), nor I'll put the volume above 10 (for a maximum being 30) . The volume was just fucked up.. amazingly loud :(

I haven't noticed any hearing difficulties. And I have stood feet away from the blaring speakers. Guess i'm lucky.

Best Live Band - Death Angel. Absofuckinglootely! \m/

I'm on AS's end, heh...never worn earplugs, happily stand in front of 5ft speakers, and next to the dtummer at practises...I have problems hearing things when there's background noise, but that's always been with me. I have an uncanny knack of hearing really quiet things which I'd rather not sometimes...

I should take care of my ears, but I can't be arsed.

Something here just doesn't compute, but if it was anyone other than Mustaine who would justify his new lineup by berating former bandmates, I'd be more shocked. And now he's bringing back their best lineup for a non-headlining gig? That I have a hard time believing...

Ayeka said:
I'm on AS's end, heh...never worn earplugs, happily stand in front of 5ft speakers, and next to the dtummer at practises...I have problems hearing things when there's background noise, but that's always been with me. I have an uncanny knack of hearing really quiet things which I'd rather not sometimes...

I should take care of my ears, but I can't be arsed.

me too ... been to hundreds of shows, never worn earplugs and can hear a pin drop across the street. last show I went to Slayer/Killswitch/Mastodon ... was right in front of the damn speakers.