Anthrax/Public Enemy 1991 tour schedule.

decidus

New Metal Member
Apr 22, 2008
Hey,

I'm trying to find the schedule for the 1991 Anthrax/Public Enemy tour. I have no idea how to search for this and what I've tried so far hasn't worked. I was hoping an historian might know OR someone might know where I can look OR someone had a t-shirt with the schedule printed on the back.

All I need is the date they played their 1991 show in Carbondale, IL at Southern Illinois University.

Thanks in advance.

D

Ask Scott personally! He's likely to remember the exact date, what he had for dinner that night, what socks he wore on stage, and how many times Charlie hit the snare during their show!!!! The guy has an amazing memory!!!

No one has a shirt then?

I don't know how to ask Scott personally, and surely he wouldn't want to be annoyed with some shit like this, right?

Don't make me take this to a Public Enemy forum. Where's your pride, fellas? :lol:

D

i have a shirt. i thought it was the s.o.e. tour. the shirt is now the thinnest i have ;-), but on the back is a red/yellow circle with the letters "Suck your mother f---g dick".

no tour dates sorry.

was amazing concert (Germanny, Frankfurt). i know, last song was with public enemy and no security... that mean the possibility of serial-stage diving.... long time ago....

For anyone interested (me, basically), the answer is October 7th, 1991. I emailed the ticket office at the Arena and they looked it up. They said it was an "Anthrax/Public Enemy/Primus" concert but I did not see Primus. I wouldn't have missed them had they been on the bill. So I don't know what the hell. But I got what I was looking for.

I was at that show with my brother. Primus most definitely was there, and there was a 4th band, Young Black Teenagers, who either didn't show or we missed because we got there late. I wasn't sure of the date either, I have two of the white t's w/ the Killer B's cover on front, and the cities listed on the back (my little brother got too fat for his, heh) But I can say with absolute certainty that Primus was there, we watched their entire set.

Seriously? That's nuts. I trust you, but I'm at a loss for what would have prevented me making it there in time to see them. Maybe it was the girl I regretted bringing by the end of the night.

For anyone interested (me, basically), the answer is October 7th, 1991. I emailed the ticket office at the Arena and they looked it up. They said it was an "Anthrax/Public Enemy/Primus" concert but I did not see Primus. I wouldn't have missed them had they been on the bill. So I don't know what the hell. But I got what I was looking for.

Primus was also billed in Zwolle/Netherlands, but I've never heard the reason why the didn't play

A quick googling unearthed the following dates, perhaps someone can find some more -

Sep 24 Poughkeepsie,NY Mid Hudson Civic Center
Sep 25 - Boston,MA Orpheum Theatre
Sep? Troy,NY RPI Fieldhouse
Sep? New York,NY The Ritz
Sep ? Storrs, CT UCONN
Sep 29 - Bethlehem,PA Stabler Arena
Oct 1 - Washington,DC Citadel
Oct Pittsburgh,PA
Oct 3 Detroit,MI Clubland
Oct 5 Chicago,IL Aragon Ballroom
Oct 6 Champaign, IL
Oct 7 - Carbondale,IL SIU
Oct Dallas,TX Bronco Bowl
Oct 12 Houston,TX Unicorn
Oct 13 - Austin,TX Opera House
Oct 14 - Colorado Springs,CO Air Force Academy Arnold Hall
Oct 15 - Denver,CO Mammoth Events Center
Oct 16 - Salt Lake City,UT Salt Palace Exhibition Hall
Oct 18 - Fresno,CA Wilson Theatre
Oct 19 - Irvine,CA Irvine Meadows
Oct 20 - Oakland,CA Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center
Oct 22 Salem,OR Salem Armory
Oct 23 Seattle,WA

A quick googling unearthed the following dates, perhaps someone can find some more -

Sep ? Storrs, CT UCONN
Oct Pittsburgh,PA
Oct 6 Champaign, IL
Oct 23 Seattle,WA

I know for a fact that there was a stop in Birmingham, Alabama. on this tour, they played at the Boutwell Auditorium, but I am unsure of the date..

I was at that show with my brother. Primus most definitely was there, and there was a 4th band, Young Black Teenagers, who either didn't show or we missed because we got there late. I wasn't sure of the date either, I have two of the white t's w/ the Killer B's cover on front, and the cities listed on the back (my little brother got too fat for his, heh) But I can say with absolute certainty that Primus was there, we watched their entire set.

I was there for the Anthrax / Public Enemy concert at the Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA back in 1991. Damn, I thought there was going to be a riot or race war break out there, but there wasn't.

I do recall a fourth band that opened up before Primus. I think it could of possibly have been Cypress Hill before they where popular. At least I remember their songs sounding like Cypress Hill all about smoking weed.

I remember being kind of disappointed when Anthrax came on and played due to the fact that Public Enemy might of blown some of the speakers out with their use of cranking the bass which caused Anthrax not to sound too good. Either that or the sound guys did a shitty job. I'm thinking it was more of the blown speakers.

I was there for the Anthrax / Public Enemy concert at the Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA back in 1991. Damn, I thought there was going to be a riot or race war break out there, but there wasn't.

I do recall a fourth band that opened up before Primus. I think it could of possibly have been Cypress Hill before they where popular. At least I remember their songs sounding like Cypress Hill all about smoking weed.

I remember being kind of disappointed when Anthrax came on and played due to the fact that Public Enemy might of blown some of the speakers out with their use of cranking the bass which caused Anthrax not to sound too good. Either that or the sound guys did a shitty job. I'm thinking it was more of the blown speakers.

it was YBT, tap the bottle and twist the cap!!!!!!:kickass:

Oct 2 Pittsburgh,PA AJ Palumbo Center
Oct 3 Detroit,MI Fox Theatre
Oct ? Birmingham, AL Boutwell Auditorium
Oct ? Vancouver, BC PNE Forum

Probably another date or 2 in between Carbondale and Dallas

Sep ? Storrs, CT UCONN
Oct Pittsburgh,PA
Oct 6 Champaign, IL
Oct 23 Seattle,WA

Ahh October 5th, 1991, I now remember where I was that night!!!!!!!!What a great show at The Aragon Ballroom in Chicago!!!

I was at the Fox Theatre Detroit show. I remember I didn't want to stand for PE so I sat for in the balcony which consisted almost entirely of black people. They did their thing, had a great time and made some new acquaintances. In between sets I went to get on the floor and they wouldn't let me in because it was too crowded. So I sat back in the balcony and got into it. Every other song someone would come up to me and say " I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for PE. This is some crazy shit, but I'm having a good time". I'd be like " That's cool, that's awesome". When everyone came out for Bring the Noise the whole balcony just shooked and shaked. I thought it might collapse. Killer time. I bought a pair of PE sunglasses.