Anthrax Ruled In Amsterdam!!!!!!!!!!

dutchy

Apr 2, 2002
Stadskanaal, Holland
Visit site
GODDAMN WHAT A GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
1ST WE WENT TO TEASERS(BEERS&BABES) FOR PRE SHOW DRINKIN'. aT 18.00 WE WERE AT THE HEINEKEN MUSIC HALL.

PETER-PAN-SPEEDROCK OPENED, THE ARE LIKE A YOUNGER MORE ROCK&ROLL VERSION OF MOTORHEAD, NICE SHOW!

AFTER 19.00 THE LIGHT'S WHENT OUT AND THE INTRO STARTED A COMPLETE FUCKIN MADHOUSE!!!!!!!!!ANHTRAX RULES!!!!!!

STARTING WITH "AMONG THE LIVING" A NON STOP 1 HOUR PLUS GOOD FRIENDLY VIOLENT FUN OLDSCHOOL MOSHING EXTRAVAGANZA!!!I'M BRUISED FROM HEAD TO TOE BUT IT WAS WORTH EVERY FUCKIN SECOND.

TRAX GAVE AN ABSOLUTE 1000% BUSH JUST SIMPLY KNOWS HOW TO WORK A CROWD WITH HIS NEVER STOP RUNNIN AROUND SIDEKICK MR FRANKIE B!!!!JUST EXCELLENT!!!

SCOTT JUST PLAYED HIS 6 STRING LIKE SOME SATANIC RITUAL, GIVING THE HORNS ALMOST AFTER EVERY FUCKIN SONG

BEATMASTER BENANTE !!NO ONE CAN DO IT BETTER!!!!!ONLY HOMERUN HITTERS FROM THIS DRUM OCTOPUSSY!!!

NEWCOMMER ROB DID IT LIKE HE'S BEEN THERE SINCE DAY ONE, THIS GUY CAN PLAY!!!

THEY PLAYED ALL THEIRE HITS, ANTISOCIAL/NFL/GOT THE TIME/ONLY/ROOM FOR ONE MORE ETC.NEW SONG SUPERHERO ROCKS, GOOD CHORUS!!!
SOUNDS AND LIGHTS WERE 10/10!!!

GOT ONE OF SCOTTS PICS(GREEN/TRAXLOGO/ WORD SATAN ON THE BACK)AND AFTER MIDNIGHT I MET TRAX IN THE REDLIGHT DISTRICT, TALKED WITH SCOTT/FRANK AND GOT MY PIC TAKEN WITH THESE 2 "SUPERHERO'S"PERFECT NIGHT!!!!!!!!

.........and for Motorhead....well they were way too loud,nice lightshow with the Bomber, but dammit Lemmy keep it quiet the next time!!!

:mad:

man what a cool cool place to go and see the thrax.......would love to go to teasers beforehand get pissed up and go to the gig, then chill out good n proper in the red light area...where the best puff bars are.., man i miss amsterdam that place rules, a year away is a year too long

wherabouts did they actually play in the dam tho!?!? i don't know any venues there?!?!!?!? nice one for the review tho, sounds like a top night.....might have to go see em in amsterdam one day.....

why is everyoine getting one of those picks !! dammit !! whe i saw them at wembley last week i was rained upon by scottties picks, i managed to pick up, notta one !! fuckin annoying !! :)

Originally posted by lokey
man what a cool cool place to go and see the thrax.......would love to go to teasers beforehand get pissed up and go to the gig, then chill out good n proper in the red light area...where the best puff bars are.., man i miss amsterdam that place rules, a year away is a year too long

wherabouts did they actually play in the dam tho!?!? i don't know any venues there?!?!!?!? nice one for the review tho, sounds like a top night.....might have to go see em in amsterdam one day.....

why is everyoine getting one of those picks !! dammit !! whe i saw them at wembley last week i was rained upon by scottties picks, i managed to pick up, notta one !! fuckin annoying !! :)

Scott always rain the place down with pics, but when it's so fuckin dark you can't see the damn things on the floor, guessed I was lucky!!!Next time stay until they are finished, there are usualy a couple pics in the security area, just wait for the lights.
The played Heineken Music Hall, it's near the Amsterdam Arena(Ajax Soccer Stadium)
Been drinkin till 03.00 in a puffbar called 4 Roses and then hit the streets with all these junkies crawling around lookin for dope.

Anthrax and Motorhead ruled in Paris also ! Fuckin great show.

Anthrax did a cover of we are the road crew by Motorhead to wrap up their set and the motorhead guys came on stage to play with them awesome.

Then the Anthrax gys came to sing along to killed by death later on, and lots of other fooling around between the bands, like one member running around on this kind of backdrop they had while the others were playing.

EEXXXCCEEELLLEEENNNTT gig !

Damase
Damase's Pirate Radio
http://www.pirateradio.fr.fm
Bringing you the best of metal old and new

pics are ready, but were taken with a disposable camera, so I have to scan them at my friends house and he will put them on his website!!
The one taken with Scott/Frank and Dutch rules!!!!!!
I will get back on this one!!!!!

Right on. I wish I could've been in Amsterdam, or Paris for those shows!
Definitely post a link to those pictures when you get them up!

Yeah! They really ruled, especially when they played the first minute of "Panic" and then played "Metal Thrashing Mad".
for an old fan like me it was really sentimental to hear the songs of the good 'ol days again. They played just what people wanted to hear. Anthrax through time.
Indeed Motorhead was much too f-cking loud, people almost had blood coming out of their ears because of the really loud sound. We left halfway the motorhead set, because we didn't totally want to fuck up our hearing. I swear it was even louder than Manowar ever was.

Panic really caused some Panic in the fuckin PIT!!!!!!!!!!
Man we were going apeshit, Bush intrduced an oldschool song and everbody was yelling metal trashing mad, then they started Panic and the palce went nuts, then they suddenly stopped an John was yelling that this wasn't the song we requested and then they started MTM, when i'm typing this i'm gettin goosepops all over!!!!!!!it was once again fuckin amazing!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I was going apeshit over Panic too! I was on the edge of the pit for most of the show...tried to stay in the middle of the stage but eventually moved toward Rob.

It was a very awesome show and my first METAL show in Nederland. I am glad I went. Very high energy show by the band and the crowd was very lively! Except one guy up front who kept staring at me even though I was not bumping into him. He kinda worried me. I thought he was gonna try to hit me or something when all I was doing was enjoying the show and singing along!

-Jameson