Anthrax...Montreal

Tharsh

Mar 30, 2003
I honestly cannot express myself right now. Words cannot describe what this gig was like, so I'll just give you the setlist...

Contact (Intro over PA)
What Doesn't Die
Black Dahlia
Got The Time
Antisocial
Safe Home
Inside Out
Caught In A Mosh
1000 Points Of Hate
Nobody Knows Anything
N.F.L.
Bring The Noise
Only

That's all the songs and the setlist should be in the correct order for the most part. Of course in retrospect, there's a million they coulda played that I'd have picked, from each record. Metal Thrashing Mad was on the set but they fucked up and forgot to play it, haha...but honestly, I haven't felt this kinda elation at a gig since dunno Slayer in November 2001? And before that probably Iron Maiden in August 2000. But yeah. I can't believe how fucking insanely heavy intros to even the "balladesque" Inside Out and shit were. Man 1000 Points Of Hate...Nice Fuckin' Life, my lungs were shot right after having sung the entire song, my new hero and patron saint Frankie Bello waved his hand in my face and handed me a pic in the middle of NFL, guess props for being the only fucker up front singing the enitre thing...

I love John Bush. In Armored Saint and in Anthrax. This guys got a set of lungs and a voice like few others...Joey who? Fuck that fruit, Caught In A Mosh, NFL, Antisocial, Got The Time with John were how exactly they were fucking meant to be...

I don't wanna rave and rant I can go on forever, while I look forward to a proper headliner with a setlist spreading over all the albums properly (Indians, Madhouse, Metal Thrashing, Keep It In, etc etc) this was one hell of a show. It was my first time seeing Anthrax, I'm sure those of you who've written them off won't care. But in all seriousness give them another chance. Frankie B is rivalled by few in onstage presence and madness and all round enthusiasm its like he's playing for the very first time, I love this guy. Janick Gers and his gay fairy dance that got him his skull cracked (in Hamburg I think) can get fucked. SPLITWALKS! AAHAHAHA! John Bush...fuck, I cannot say enough good things about him, banging like a motherfucker and Scott is heavy just by being Scott. Especially the patented Ianstomp...WOOO!!!!! The man behind Anthrax and SOD. The new guy Rob is great too, he looks stoked as fuck hell wouldn't you be if you were like 27-28 and just joined a band you've been a fan of forever...Charlie plays effortlessly. I woulda creamed myself if he'd jumped down and done United Forces like on the first SOD video! Haha, this guy is so fucknig underrated...

A few crowdsurfers tossed out, the crush wasn't as bad, after all I've endured Slayer in the front row twice...

Well Motorhead, haha, I was already in musical utopia and my ribs were bruised and arms gashed from the barricade so I went up to the balcony, let's see I don't know Motorhead very well nor am I the hugest fan so bear with me...they opened with We Are Motorhead, went on into No Class, then God knows...a shitload of tunes. Sacrifice had a long fucking drum solo in the middle. Mikky is hella fun to watch he pounds he skins fuckin' hard and shit, um, a Pistols cover (God Save The Queen), Ramones (dedicated to Dee Dee and Joey), ton of other shit, the encore was Ace Of Spades and Overkill :heavy Oh yeah Orgasmatron with green lights in Lemmy and Phil's face and nothing else was awesome. I think they did Going To Brazil but my ears were shot and I was still reeling from the glory of Anthrax...oh Killed By Death! :lol

So a great fucking night and I can't wait to see Anthrax again...I think I won't listen to any muzak this week just so I keep keep that feeling alive hahahahaha!!!!!

Go see them fuckers. They'll deliver.

There is a heaven...its an Anthrax gig...

Thrashiq,

sounds like an awesome time....I will be at the show tuesday in full-on fanboy mode...I have seen Anthrax multiple times starting with the Among tour and they always deliver...I saw them last year with Priest and they were more on "there game" them ever...I am fully prepared to be blown away tuesday..

-ratchet...mh1's resident Anthrax nutswinger ( until Tharsh returns)

Forget the Metallica hype folks....It's all about Anthrax!