Anthrax: Spreading The Sweatshop.

So if I were to wear a shirt that said "Fuck the French" that was made by some kid in El Salvador who gets paid 2 cents an hour, it would be ok, because I am supporting my hatred for the French?

You are STILL supporting sweatshops if you put on that hoodie, that was my point. There are other ways to support a band, like say, buy their CD's (or are they sweat shops too?) or maybe even go to a concert.

1 wrong plus 1 right do not make 0 wrongs. If you are so passionate about this issue, and clearly you are, as you have been preaching on here, then you should not put the hoodie on. That's easy. I will sleep like a baby tonight, knowing that my sheets came from bumblefuck and my pillows came from Kosovo or Ecuador or who the fuck knows. Why? I am a capitalist asshole just like most of the other people on this board. If I did'nt like capitalism, I would fucking move. If American companies cared about America, we would not have these issues. But they have all moved on overseas, because they know the markets are dead here. They too, are just trying to make, and save a buck.

p.s. I don't really hate the French :)

Oh and another thing, I did check out that web site you posted. Hemp shoes are incredible, long lasting and very comfortable. However, with all do respect, I am not paying $80 for a fucking pair of Chuck's.

Ok, well the was... confusing. But I understand your viewpoint on it, even if it does translate into admiting you feel you have no social responsibility outside American soil.

But look. All I was wanting to do here was really get a message to the Anthrax guys'.

"Is it possible to make your merch ethically?"

That's it.

If I managed to get a response, even if it was something like, "yeh we quoted elsewhere. Costs way too much." Or something like that. Then hey, I tried.

I just think that Anthrax; a band with still more substantial activism than the majority of most other bands today, would be interested in looking at other paths to help the greater good.

Thanks. Cya.

PS: $80AUD. Welcome to the world.

Thrillho said:
So if I were to wear a shirt that said "Fuck the French" that was made by some kid in El Salvador who gets paid 2 cents an hour, it would be ok, because I am supporting my hatred for the French?

You are STILL supporting sweatshops if you put on that hoodie, that was my point. There are other ways to support a band, like say, buy their CD's (or are they sweat shops too?) or maybe even go to a concert.

1 wrong plus 1 right do not make 0 wrongs. If you are so passionate about this issue, and clearly you are, as you have been preaching on here, then you should not put the hoodie on. That's easy. I will sleep like a baby tonight, knowing that my sheets came from bumblefuck and my pillows came from Kosovo or Ecuador or who the fuck knows. Why? I am a capitalist asshole just like most of the other people on this board. If I did'nt like capitalism, I would fucking move. If American companies cared about America, we would not have these issues. But they have all moved on overseas, because they know the markets are dead here. They too, are just trying to make, and save a buck.

p.s. I don't really hate the French :)

Not knocking you before you flip out on me but I've never understood this american sentiment to hate the french. They sold us a good chunk of this nation for dirt cheap, taught us how to make wine and cook, and gave us the statue of liberty. They oppose Bush's war and all of the sudden they're assholes.

Haley%20sewing.jpg

Get stitchin bitch!

AlexStomp said:
Not knocking you before you flip out on me but I've never understood this american sentiment to hate the french. They sold us a good chunk of this nation for dirt cheap, taught us how to make wine and cook, and gave us the statue of liberty. They oppose Bush's war and all of the sudden they're assholes.
In fifties they treated american soldiers, who together with the Britts liberated them 10 years before, as the occupants. That might be a poor excuse for hatred (hatred is bad:)) but explains the sentiment.
Plus they decapitated their Queen who just wanted them to have some cake... Bastards...

AlexStomp said:

Not to bust balls either, but I just don't get the anti French thing either. It's a great place. The people, food, culture and atmosphere are simply amazing.

AlexStomp said:
Ahhhhahahahaha!!!!
:lol:

.... oh, wait... you're not joking.

Gibba said:
Not to bust balls either, but I just don't get the anti French thing either. It's a great place. The people, food, culture and atmosphere are simply amazing.

Yes... But they do put Mayo in French Fries..... LOL!!!!!!

I really don't hate the French.

I think they are bastards for not supporting us in our war. I don't agree with the war one bit, but we have bailed the French out of the shit storm more then once, and this is the gratitude we get. It's not the French people, it is their government I think is in the wrong. They had negotiations with Iraq (as do many other countries over there) to exchange goods for oil. And I bet the food they gave Iraq was distributed to only the rich, and I bet the oil that was given to France was still heavily taxed before it was then given to the French peopl.

I really do not have anything against the French people, I just think that their government, much like ours, much like that of many other countries, is a piece of shit that would not know "moral" if it pissed all over their faces.

Thrillho said:

I think they are bastards for not supporting us in our war. I don't agree with the war one bit, but we have bailed the French out of the shit storm more then once, and this is the gratitude we get.

AMERICA... FUCK YEAH!!!!

Thrillho said:

I think they are bastards for not supporting us in our war. I don't agree with the war one bit, but we have bailed the French out of the shit storm more then once, and this is the gratitude we get. It's not the French people, it is their government I think is in the wrong. They had negotiations with Iraq (as do many other countries over there) to exchange goods for oil. And I bet the food they gave Iraq was distributed to only the rich, and I bet the oil that was given to France was still heavily taxed before it was then given to the French peopl.

I really do not have anything against the French people, I just think that their government, much like ours, much like that of many other countries, is a piece of shit that would not know "moral" if it pissed all over their faces.

you don't support the war, but they should....makes sense.

The one thing I think France has given us that we really needed was.. umm errrr, well i'll get back to this later.

oh yeah viva la french toast at IHOP !!!