The REAL Anthrax ???

the spitfire said:
I used to be an Anthrax fan back in the original Belladonna-era as well as the Bush-era. I dig both Anthraxes but there's a difference in how I see them. There's a lot of nice memories attached to the original Belladonna-era days and I still enjoy the music as much as I did back in the trash metal days. However for me Anthrax as a band reached it's peak musically and artistically on 'Sound Of White Noise'. The Bush-era debut album raised the band on a whole new level. It's in my opinion Anthrax's finest hour and I'm not alone with my opinion. I was a bit suprised when Anthrax reunited with Belladonna but I understand that money talks and I'm ok with it. Having now witnessed the new-old Anthrax live I have to say that they were good and it was as fun as I expected to revisit the 80s trash metal days, just as it's still fun to watch all those ol' 80s movies, BUT I'd still much rather see the Bush-fronted Anthrax over this rehash version. To me, today in this day and age, the Bush-era version is or was the real Anthrax.

Welcome to the board Danny!!

THEBALDGUYFROMBLACKLODGEVIDEO said:
Joey lost his employment and seniority 13 yrs ago (alcohol abuse and poor contribution) and was hired back a year ago. He's starting from scratch, and his benefits should be (acc. to a common corp system of benefits) the ones of a newly hired employee. This all makes him a new singer.
Danny probably makes a little more, and his medical insurance is better, but that's fair 'cause he's a truly handicapped person:puke:

My point is that when Anthrax got popular, Joey was there. It's the same thing with Brian Johnson, he's been in AC/DC for 26 years, and he's still usually referred as the new guy.

Something is in the works, I'm sure of it. I don't think we've seen the last of John and Rob. I bought Spreading the Disese when it came out and I've been an Anthrax fan since. The Joey years are fucking great and the Bush and Rob era is fucking fantastic!! Fuck it, I like both eras!! Rob is one kick ass guitar player!!

peace

ruud3166 said:
Iron maiden are fucking crap! Judas Priest are a bunch of cheesy squealy fuckers!
:erk:
By making this statement anything you ever have said or will say holds no credence - your opinions mean shit

reidie said:
Im sorry mate but if it wasnt for those "fucking crap" bands like Maiden and Priest there would be no anthrax
WHAT????
Anthrax broke away from that kind of metal. They don't borrow from those bands AT ALL!!!
... and that's a very good thing.

DumbAss said:
WHAT????
Anthrax broke away from that kind of metal. They don't borrow from those bands AT ALL!!!
... and that's a very good thing.

Where have you been mate?? Regardless of wether or not anthrax sounds like maiden or priest, you can bet that they will both be major influnces on the band

reidie said:
Where have you been mate?? Regardless of wether or not anthrax sounds like maiden or priest, you can bet that they will both be major influnces on the band

They did an amazing cover of "Remember Tomorrow" on one of the "Nothing" singles from Stomp era. On occasion, I can still hear Maiden influences in their songwriting.

ruud3166 said:
They werent crap in 1982. But the fact that you lot still think they are amazing!:puke:

That's simply because they are.

Any metal band that can stay together as long as Maiden and play to over 200,000 in Rio gets my two thumbs up.

UP THE IRONS!!! :headbang:

Is The REAL anthrax the one who is on stage giving enjoyment to the 1000s?

Be It Joey/John Rob/dan/cook even frankie/vera

Every line up has amazed me by the music they put out.

Karina_666 said:
without Julio Egliasias I don't see the band continuing much longer.

Yeah, and I don´t buy the bullshit about Sammy Davies corpse not wanting to do this tour but spend the spring writing for his emo-project Rumpelstiltskin.

Stay TRÜE!
truethrax.jpg

I thought Sammy Davis Jr. didn't want to be part of it so that he could have time to raise his love child that he just had with Bea Arthur.

Karina_666 said:
I thought Sammy Davis Jr. didn't want to be part of it so that he could have time to raise his love child that he just had with Bea Arthur.

geez i dont want to even imagine the amount of lube needed for that kind of lovin'

Karina_666 said:

You and Arg got it both wrong.

Julio has openly admitted he won't join the band unless the following members leave (Scott, Dan, Frank, Charlie & Joey) ... then he can have the original line up of himself, Sammy, Willie Nelson, Ted Nugent, Dick van Dyk and Ginger Rogers (though he said he doesn't mind if considering letting bygones be bygones and let in his old pal turned rival, Topol back in to sing back ups).

Thats metal for ya kids.

Also he is very angry that Anthrax is having their so called 20 year anniverssary tour when he said the band is really over 60 years old...

Its all bullshit I tell ya. Scott we want answers dammit :loco: