The REAL Story on the former band members

jdelpi said:
I don't think Black Lodge is a ballad. It was inspired by a show where a crazy man killed hot chicks.

I'm more referring to "Bare" than "Black Lodge", tempo's one thing but my
concentration's been on the lyrics and historically Scott Ian used to brag
a lot that Anthrax would never do ballads.

My 2 cents,
OfficerNice

thunderhead said:
They did a tour for the Attack of the Killer B's......They were on the Clash of the Titans when that CD came out.

Are you sure? Attack of the Killer B's came out in 92. Clash of the Titans
hit SF in May 1991.

Persistence of Time did come out in 91.

My 2 Cents
OfficerNice

I think the word 'belt' should be used cautiously. John's gettin old
and he can't 'belt' the way he used to. I've stood inches from John
while he's singin' and he's not 'beltin' the way he used to.

hah thats nonsense. I don't think you've got your head up your ass though. How would you be able to pull such bullshit out of it if you did. If John can't sing cause he's getting old then why are you sucking on Joey's balls? he's old too.
don't worry though you'll win the argument soon. I'll get tired of replying to you soon i promise.
-Jono-

I am already tired enough to pull out another useless response to this asshole (you called me idiot first). Probably that gay-ass poser ezBoard discussion which we referred about sometime ago would suit better to you. That's where you've crawled from, anyway.

well here's my 4 cents worth.
joey and danny were "NOT" "friends". Danny had no friends in the band because he was such a "cockface" to everyone and thought that "HE" was the most important aspect of the band because he played "lead guitar". And he sucked at that when you compare him to anyone else in the biz. that's why it is so easy for anyone to play his parts so well. (not to detract from the ability of replacements).
As far as joey goes, really nice guy but completely eccentric, and it was easy for the other members to ridicule him on a constant basis on account of how perfect they are compared to the rest of human civilization. Plus he really didn't "GET" the heavy metal thing and couldn't talk to the crowd and relate to them. He said some pretty stupid things at times that made ya think, "what the fuck ?". Great singer and nice guy. just to "clean" for metal. Plus he was into some things that the band preached against.(at that time.)
I really wish I knew why the band refused to acknowledge Paul's existence. He really did extraordinary work for them and they wouldn't even let him be in "Band" photos. Maybe they were afraid he would send the band in a different direction. Only they know the reason for ignoring him the way they did. Maybe because he was a former "roadie" and ALL roadies are STUPID worthless and weak in the the eyes of the "superior" band members.(yes i know bello was a roadie but he is also "family")
Neil Turbin was psycho. and who knows regarding Lilker. Maybe he wanted to be listened to and that isn't going to happen in the dictatorship of rule that makes Anthrax.

maybe paul crook was just a "hired gun" (got paid just to play and not become part of the band). suicidal tendencies got josh freese to play drums on the 'art of rebellion' and he is not pictured in any of the booklet photos, only mentioned really small in the liner notes.

what did joey say to the crowd that was stupid? i want some examples as i can't remember 13 years back when i saw him last with anthrax.
also what was he into that the band preached against? i'm curious.

i really think that if bush was with thrax from day one, they would be HUGE by now. oh well...

johnnieCzech said:
I am already tired enough to pull out another useless response to this asshole (you called me idiot first). Probably that gay-ass poser ezBoard discussion which we referred about sometime ago would suit better to you. That's where you've crawled from, anyway.

You call me asshole like you're trying to insult me.
Since you know what the EZ Board is and I don't, you must be a gay-ass
poser.

-OfficerNice.

Jono said:
I think the word 'belt' should be used cautiously. John's gettin old
and he can't 'belt' the way he used to. I've stood inches from John
while he's singin' and he's not 'beltin' the way he used to.

hah thats nonsense. I don't think you've got your head up your ass though. How would you be able to pull such bullshit out of it if you did. If John can't sing cause he's getting old then why are you sucking on Joey's balls? he's old too.
don't worry though you'll win the argument soon. I'll get tired of replying to you soon i promise.

After seeing Armored Saint years and years ago and seeing him on
the A.S. reunion tour, he's not the belter he used to be. Sorry.

-OfficerNice

yeah but nobody's EVER the belter they used to be. All people age and everyone's voice changes after singing metal all of those years. He's still got an amazing voice, sounds 10 times better than Joey ever did live, and his vocals are still top notch on the studio stuff.

Deege said:
yeah but nobody's EVER the belter they used to be. All people age and everyone's voice changes after singing metal all of those years. He's still got an amazing voice, sounds 10 times better than Joey ever did live, and his vocals are still top notch on the studio stuff.
It's useless to explain this over and over again to the people who are just...well...no, nothing...

Your fucking crazy if you think John Bush can't belt it out.
I spit on your opinion!:puke:
Joey was a good singer in Anthrax.
John just fits a whole lot better, makes the band sound more complete.