The REAL Anthrax ???

Karina_666 said:
sad because the Anthrax i grew to love is dead.

you mean the same guys in the pic that look so thrilled to be standing next to each other. I'm not even sure Scott is smiling. looks more like gas.[/quote]

In picuters of Cliff Burton, James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, and Kirk Hammett all together taken back in like 83/84, I don't recall seeing too of them smiling in them.

Better to post late than never, though I'm sure it's been said before.
Spitz's comment seems arrogant when read over quickly - but he didn't make that statement for it to be over analyzed by so-called "fans" who willingly interpret it as meaning that the later albums-notably the Bush ones- are "fake". I'm sure he simply meant that this will be the first album since the reunion, hence the first "original" [line-up wise] Anthrax album in 13 years. It's like stating the obvious, but it's his way of showing his excitement.

Whether people think that the reunion is only for $$ or not, the fact is that there is only 1 original lineup and it's worth seeing. These guys know how to play their instruments, they started the band - so why not show them some respect? Of course this reasoning wouldn't justify a direct insult by Spitz towards the post-Belladonna era albums, but I'm sure he didn't mean it as an insult.

I used to be an Anthrax fan back in the original Belladonna-era as well as the Bush-era. I dig both Anthraxes but there's a difference in how I see them. There's a lot of nice memories attached to the original Belladonna-era days and I still enjoy the music as much as I did back in the trash metal days. However for me Anthrax as a band reached it's peak musically and artistically on 'Sound Of White Noise'. The Bush-era debut album raised the band on a whole new level. It's in my opinion Anthrax's finest hour and I'm not alone with my opinion. I was a bit suprised when Anthrax reunited with Belladonna but I understand that money talks and I'm ok with it. Having now witnessed the new-old Anthrax live I have to say that they were good and it was as fun as I expected to revisit the 80s trash metal days, just as it's still fun to watch all those ol' 80s movies, BUT I'd still much rather see the Bush-fronted Anthrax over this rehash version. To me, today in this day and age, the Bush-era version is or was the real Anthrax.

I kinda read it as its the first Reunion album proper - I mean they did Alive 2 but this is the first real proper album.

Ah well...

the spitfire said:
I used to be an Anthrax fan back in the original Belladonna-era as well as the Bush-era. I dig both Anthraxes but there's a difference in how I see them. There's a lot of nice memories attached to the original Belladonna-era days and I still enjoy the music as much as I did back in the trash metal days. However for me Anthrax as a band reached it's peak musically and artistically on 'Sound Of White Noise'. The Bush-era debut album raised the band on a whole new level. It's in my opinion Anthrax's finest hour and I'm not alone with my opinion. I was a bit suprised when Anthrax reunited with Belladonna but I understand that money talks and I'm ok with it. Having now witnessed the new-old Anthrax live I have to say that they were good and it was as fun as I expected to revisit the 80s trash metal days, just as it's still fun to watch all those ol' 80s movies, BUT I'd still much rather see the Bush-fronted Anthrax over this rehash version. To me, today in this day and age, the Bush-era version is or was the real Anthrax.

Very nicely put!

Excellent words my friend. That is my truth as well.

I have been an Anthrax fan since day one and when Joey got kicked out, I was definitely disappointed. After they released SOWN, my disappointment turned to excitement as it was an incredible album. John proved himself to the idiot convention and continued to do so release after release. When they released WCFYA, it was bar none the best metal release of that year and in my opinion the best Anthrax album ever. Then I got word that they were going to do a European festival reunion tour with the original lineup and saw them in Holland at the Dynamo Open Air Festival. It was a great show and I was glad to revisit the old lineup (even though Spitzy has turned into a seed eating, god fearing and god revering pansy) and enjoy a bit of youthful sentiment. Then I begin to see that this supposed one-off reunion tour has blossomed into an actual long term reunion. This I find this to be truly despicable and an insult to both John Bush and the fans, with The greater of two evils being the pinnacle of said insult. John and the fans deserve better than this. Until the natural order of things is restored, I will avoid all things Anthrax. Charlie and Scott - Shitheads. You have now officially sunk to new levels.

JiBu said:
I have been an Anthrax fan since day one and when Joey got kicked out, I was definitely disappointed. After they released SOWN, my disappointment turned to excitement as it was an incredible album. John proved himself to the idiot convention and continued to do so release after release. When they released WCFYA, it was bar none the best metal release of that year and in my opinion the best Anthrax album ever. Then I got word that they were going to do a European festival reunion tour with the original lineup and saw them in Holland at the Dynamo Open Air Festival. It was a great show and I was glad to revisit the old lineup (even though Spitzy has turned into a seed eating, god fearing and god revering pansy) and enjoy a bit of youthful sentiment. Then I begin to see that this supposed one-off reunion tour has blossomed into an actual long term reunion. This I find this to be truly despicable and an insult to both John Bush and the fans, with The greater of two evils being the pinnacle of said insult. John and the fans deserve better than this. Until the natural order of things is restored, I will avoid all things Anthrax. Charlie and Scott - Shitheads. You have now officially sunk to new levels.
someone will say that was johnnie the czech under new disguise, i say who cares. lots of truth in those words...:kickass:

You cant compare Bella-Thrax to Bush-thrax - One is 80's speed metal and one isnt; they are two completly different beasts. Comparing them would be like comparing chalk to cheese, Slayer to limp bizkit, pre-black-album metallica to post-black-album metallica :lol:

... But seriously they are two compeletly different beasts, I enjoy sound of white noise as much as among the living or spreading the desease. As much as i would love to see the reunion a perminant thing i cant really see it going much past touring for the new album. If it does, Joey has to start learning Johns parts - I need my only god damn it!

DarrellDethSDMF said:
Well yeah, I mean that whatever happens, John Bush will always be the new singer.
Joey lost his employment and seniority 13 yrs ago (alcohol abuse and poor contribution) and was hired back a year ago. He's starting from scratch, and his benefits should be (acc. to a common corp system of benefits) the ones of a newly hired employee. This all makes him a new singer.
Danny probably makes a little more, and his medical insurance is better, but that's fair 'cause he's a truly handicapped person:puke: