Anthrax @ The Palace 25/04

St.Anthrax

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2004
Anyone here at the Melbourne show?
I was a bit disappointed with it. Only slightly though I should stress.
Not a single song from Volume 8 (which is my favourite album)
"Bring the Noise" just DOES NOT WORK and if they are going to insist on playing it, it should not be the closer.
Just my opinion. (I don't think Safe Home works either)
I've listened to half the show again and Safe Home sounds pretty ordinary.

Rob has a kinda weird presence on stage. Doesn't do a lot but has a strange look about him. Scott was his usual self. Charlie sensational. Bush is my favourite member though. Great voice.

Pity they weren't selling their On-Stage t-shirts at the gig.

Hmmm... this post sounds a bit negative. Not the intention. They were great. Saw them in 96. Hopefully don't have to wait that long again. :headbang:

I didn't take anything to record the show ... then I realised my phone records audio... sounds a bit dodgey on the phone and I haven't got a bluetooth dongle to get it off the damn thing...

I noticed a few other people at the brisbane gig with thier phones out recording heh .. I only managed to grab two songs before my memory ran out

BIGPHAT442 said:
Not a single song from Volume 8 (which is my favourite album)

They didn't play inside out??????

Nope not a single song from Volume 8. They played 2 from SOWN and 1 from 442. I was surprised after all their talk of WCFYA that they only played 2 songs from that. ATL got a good run. I'd heard those songs last time I saw them so I was really hoping for Volume 8 stuff...

I just wish they'd leave Bring the Noise off the set.

another thing i noticed,i like bush era live better than him doing the old stuff,while songs like be all and deathrider were good i woulda loved a couple more tunes from bush albums.

inside out should never be outta the setlist,we didnt get it in sydney

mrthrax said:
another thing i noticed,i like bush era live better than him doing the old stuff,while songs like be all and deathrider were good i woulda loved a couple more tunes from bush albums.

inside out should never be outta the setlist,we didnt get it in sydney
The Bush albums are sorely underrepresented in the live set. It's somewhat depressing. It actually got worse as the WCFYA touring went on. They had been playing "1000 Points of Hate" and "Black Lodge." Not anymore.

NP: Black Sabbath - Sept. 22, 1978 Fresno, CA

When they played Inside Out here in Adelaide the whole crowd seemed to know the song pretty well. There are a lot of old-schoolers at the gig so why not try and sell them more of the Bush-era by ripping out some newer tunes on stage and make people wanna buy the new stuff??

jdelpi said:
The Bush albums are sorely underrepresented in the live set. It's somewhat depressing. It actually got worse as the WCFYA touring went on. They had been playing "1000 Points of Hate" and "Black Lodge." Not anymore.

NP: Black Sabbath - Sept. 22, 1978 Fresno, CA
yeah i mean sure they have to play a few old songs but on stomp tour they played alot of new stuff and it fucking ruled,they built up a new following with bush so wouldnt it be best to focus 85 percent of the material live on there latest tour,i wouldve been quite happy with pot sown stomp and volume music only with the exception of a couple from among album,on the other hand are we ever gonna be happy,anthracx has been around that long it would be hard to please everyone