Anthrax tribute or Fanthrax CD?

octane

Swollen Member
Apr 23, 2004
Cali
How many of us are in a band maybe we can make our own Anthrax tribute album for us?
every other fukn band has one...
or
a Karaokeish cd with fans singin to anthrax tunes

something like friggn in the riggn where the roadies were singn but the fans singing to musical tracks from the band

I browsed to the tribute section this weekend on some cd-site and every fuckin band has a tribute cd ,even bands like 3 doors down and puddle of shit, Ludachris , 50 cents, the list is endless!! I think 99% of those albums are pure shit!!!

I'm not interested in a bunch of crap metal bands butchering my heroes songs!! It would be nice if bands from a complete other genre record some Trax tunes. eg. Everlast,Sick of it All or Slayer, not just copycats!!

The worst tribute album has got to be Suicidal Tendencies' tribute. What a mess! I am looking forward to the Circle Jerks tribute. Rumor has it that the Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, and Fishbone are on it! Fishbone is working on a track for the Sublime tribute album as well.

Multiple Personalities does "Madhouse" and the crowd jumps up on stage and runs around like in the video. It's pretty sick looking actually.

I'd be keen to hear an Anthrax tribute record. A band called Haymaker did a deathy sounding version of Caught in a Mosh which was downright awesome.

My band just played Bare at the show. It´s even recorded, but on cheap mp3player which didn´t really comprehend the low bass sounds. But it was pretty cool.

My band (Manifest) play 1000 points of hate and March of the SOD on occasion and we're currently running through "what doesn't die". I'll post a link to our version of 1000 poh later today. The good thing about playing 1000 points is that not a lotta people know it and loads of people whove saw us play it live think it's our song!

so i'm still thinking of a cover song to do, my band has done inside out many times also pottersfield, fueled, got the time, in my world and only but i wanna do one and record it for on here or whatever and thinking of one of the older songs that didnt make it on gote, i have a thoaty voice in same style as bush but im not gonna claim to be like bush.. so any advice on what we song we should do let me know....

i wish finale was a hidden track on gote would of fit perfectly to close disk

Yeah my old old band we covered In My World, Got the Time, Caught in a Mosh. And just for the heck of it we covered: Testament: So many Lies, Metallica: Seek and Destroy, No Remorse, For Whom The Bells Tolls, Four Horseman, Am I evil? Megadeth: Sweating Bullets, Sick of It all: Step down, Sepultura: Slave new World and Misfits: Teenagers from Mars.

Jockthrax said:
My band (Manifest) play 1000 points of hate and March of the SOD on occasion and we're currently running through "what doesn't die". I'll post a link to our version of 1000 poh later today. The good thing about playing 1000 points is that not a lotta people know it and loads of people whove saw us play it live think it's our song!

Shame on you not telling the audience that you stole one of the greatest songs ever written! :tickled:

Descendent said:
Fishbone is working on a track for the Sublime tribute album as well.

I saw Fishbone live and they kicked ass. And Sublime recorded at my college and I was unaware of this - I think it was around 1988-1990. :yell:

I like to make fun big Sublime fans that play their records into the ground and tell them Sublime would be nothing without the Clash. My wife has heard this rant a few times. :D

yea we were almost a anthrax tribute band for awhile, that's were we got out band name from stomp 442 promotional single High OCTANE. we closed with inside out for along time, fuck thats a hard song to sing i could go from pantera's this love to quiet riot's metal health but when we did inside out i was finished, i guess it just a power vocal pushing song or something..